• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help. After flashing my video card hangs computer during boot.

Darky

Hello,

I've got some serious problem with my video card. I tried to flash it from X800 Pro into X800XT-PE, firstly I flashed it with ATI X800XT-PE BIOS with Gainward's gvf12, then I flashed it with Gainward X800XT-PE BIOS and that screwed my card. Now my computer hangs when the card is inserted. As far as I'm concerned the hang happens during video card boot-time (before MB's BIOS boots). I tried placing another card with PCI bus, and it didn't help, even though it was set to use PCI as primary card (It boots fine without my faulty X800). So is there any solution to my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

ViperJohn

Radeon Mod God
Darky said:
Hello,

I've got some serious problem with my video card. I tried to flash it from X800 Pro into X800XT-PE, firstly I flashed it with ATI X800XT-PE BIOS with Gainward's gvf12, then I flashed it with Gainward X800XT-PE BIOS and that screwed my card. Now my computer hangs when the card is inserted. As far as I'm concerned the hang happens during video card boot-time (before MB's BIOS boots). I tried placing another card with PCI bus, and it didn't help, even though it was set to use PCI as primary card (It boots fine without my faulty X800). So is there any solution to my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

If the computer will not boot with a PCI card there is little you can do. You might try another
computer running a MBand CPU before you write it off.

Viper

A

ADV4NCED

Just a question: If you want to flash an X800 Pro, wouldn't you flash it to an X800XT instead of X800XT PE ?

ViperJohn

Radeon Mod God
ADV4NCED said:
Just a question: If you want to flash an X800 Pro, wouldn't you flash it to an X800XT instead of X800XT PE ?

No. The BbATI 113-A26105-102 XT-PE bios is the best memory OC bios. You can always use software
to lower the core clock at Windows startup if your card won't run a 520 clock clock clean.

Viper

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Good to see you posting at TechPower up Viper ... :D