1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help needed, Looking for 32-40" 1080p TV for TV/Console Gaming/Films

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LifeOnMars, Nov 7, 2010.

1. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I'm in the UK,

My budget is £250-400 tops.

I'm looking for 1080p TV that has HDMI connectability (for my Xbox 360Slim) can handle downscaling well (to 720p), handles motion well with no ghosting/over excessive blurriness and is generally regarded as a good brand. Sound is not important as I have external Dolby speakers. Freeview not essential either.

Should I go LED, and should it be LCD or Plasma (which handles horizontal motion better?)

I'll be getting this end of the month for our sitting room initially, then it will probably get relegated to my games room for the Hexacore gaming rig that I'm currently building (slowly) and we will get a bigger, more expensive one.

Thankyou in advance guys :toast:

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I got a Vizio 42" for about $800 USD a few years ago, and it's still strong and clear.
    I'd recommend Vizio brand. Great quality and an even better pricing structure.
    now is the time to buy a display as well.

for your price, I would just resign myself to LCD. it's still a great tech , and LED and Plasma are just expensive. Also, Plasma is much more useful once you go over 50"... below that LCD is just fine.

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    yeah Vizio would probably get you the cheapest price i have a couple and i like them all great quality

digibucc and LifeOnMars say thanks.
  4. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Grab a bravia if you have the money there awesome i got my 55'' a little over a year ago and its beautiful