1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help on Choosing a Case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Havoc, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Havoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Evening all,

I'm after a new case as this one is old, and a bit too knackered. Has a few Dents, needs a screwdriver to get into it and isn't generally nice to work in. Next year i'm going to be moving into a small studio flat, so I need something as small as possible, but it has to be ATX, as I don't want to mess around with changing my components. It will probably be used to listen to music so it will be on a lot. I guess airflow is important too.

I do want it to be as quiet as possible. However i am using Silent components already, so whilst that is important, it isn't as high up the list as it may usually be.

Obviously it's also gotta look good. By that I don't mean I want Clear windowed sides, neons etcetera. It just has to look good. Smooth, defined, yet unobtrusive. You know what I mean.

Thanks a lot.

2. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you can handle a mid-tower I'd check out one of the Antec P series: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007 50001516 1295819209&name=No

Check out the built in fan speed control (noise reduction baby!), stock blow-hole, and if you want to check out Antec's website, I think they even have airflow diagrams, etc. Plus, IMO, these are wicked stylish, without looking like a lit up Christmas tree. :rockout:

If you want to go mini-atx, you'll lose considerable airflow, that is if your mobo would even fit.

3. Havoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    You've hit the nail on the head for what i'm after looks wise. Something like that. Stylish. It doesn't need to be lit up like a dutch brothel I will keep looking, and see if anyone comes up with something smaller. But that in Gun Metal is quite the contender...

4. Carcenomy

Carcenomy New Member

Thanks Received:
    CoolerMaster Mystique 631 is pretty reasonable and quite pretty. Another option from CM is the Wave Master - they're coming down drastically in price, are full aluminium, and look pretty sharp albeit a little dated inside.