1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

High temperatures with i7 940 & CoolIT Domino

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dreadnought33, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Dreadnought33

Dreadnought33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I recently got a Core i7 940 ES and bought a CoolIT Domino to cool it. The temps I get with a 30 min load with Prime95 x64 and with an ambient temp of 28 ºC (34 ºC inside the chassis) are:

[​IMG]

And my idle temps, after 5 minutes cooling down are:

[​IMG]

At first, I thoght the idle & load temps with Prime95 x64 Blend were normal... Until I got here and started seeing that it seems that load temperatures for everybody are around 50 ºC. My temps are monitored via Real Temp and I think they are quite right because I can feel the heat exiting the back of my chassis.

When I installed the CoolIT, I checked that the water block base was flat; what I didn't check was the CPU's IHS. Could my high CPU temperatures be due to a not really flat IHS??

There is another thing, also: I have the CoolIT in the Performance mode wich automatically adjust its speed regarding water temperature. The thing is, when I star the system, it runs quite silent and logically, when I load the CPU, it increases the fan rpm. But after I stop the load and the CPU cools down, the rpms doesn't go down, they stay the same.

Thanks

2. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    that's about right for a coolit domino on a i7 940 stressed out to 100%
    you'll get much better temps with good aircooling or a proper watercooling loop

Dreadnought33 says thanks.
  3. Dreadnought33

Dreadnought33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I thought these temps were high for the Domino. So the problem here is that the Domino is a piece of s**t cooling the i7, isn't it?? Well, I'll sell it. At least, I have a Titan Fenrir for testing that I can use while I ask for a true CPU heatsink.

Thank you very much:toast: