1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

His 2600xt iceq cooler for 6600?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Master, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    hello guys . i have an AGP 6600 Graphic card and i want to overclock it to get more out of the card, i was looking for a cooler , but all i found were not compatible with this version of graphic card ! cuz the cards agp, neither zalman nor artric support it.. the same thing goes for the zerotherm cooler, so thats why im curies if i can use the iceq cooler and im asking if it is compatible or not , (because im ignorant of its compatibility issue)
  2. nINJAkECIL

nINJAkECIL New Member

Thanks Received:
    if the hole of your vga matches the hole on the iceq cooler, why not?

but, I'll go for zalman though. they did make some AGP vga cooler
    Master says thanks.
  3. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    what hole? ! i dont have the cooler ! a friend of mine just suggested the card and said if i like it i can buy it !so the i dont have access to the cooler it self , thats why i asked ...
    by the way , how can i get that ancient coolers of zalman 4 my ancient card now adays? !!

tanx again
  4. nINJAkECIL

nINJAkECIL New Member

Thanks Received:
    what i mean hole, is the hole on the video card. where the cooler's screw gets in. (sorry for my bad english)

you could try eBAY for those zalman coolers. do you have any IceQ cooler available? if so, ask your friend to borrow the video card, and try fitting the IceQ cooler on the card. if it fits, you have your own custom NVIDIA IceQ model :D
    Master says thanks.
  5. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    well , the problem is , the card isnt my friends! if it was, there would be no problem! ,,
    tanx ,
    im waiting to see if anybody else can help me more on this :ohwell:
  6. Beertintedgoggles

Beertintedgoggles

Thanks Received:
    I used the vf700 cu on my AGP 6600GT a while ago. The reason it's listed as not compatible is due to the bridge chip on board the card. As long as your card has the two separate coolers on it (one on the GPU itself, and one smaller rectangular one on the bridge chip), then you can remove the GPU cooler (the one with the fan) and replace it with the zalman. Just make sure to leave the small bridge cooler on as well.
    Master says thanks.
  7. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Ummm .....

Why not use the 2600XT instead? It's alot better card!
    Master says thanks.
  8. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    because this is all i have .. i couldnt fine any other AGP card ... and thanks already for your help