1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Horrible net speed

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1Kurgan1, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Lately my internet has been horribly slow. The other day it was down to a low of .30 mb/s up and down. It has now gone back up to just about it's normal down speed. I have the basic cable 5mb down and 1mb up. But check out this garbage.

[​IMG]

A lot of my sites won't load, and I have to back up and hit the link again. I'm really thinking my modem is on the way out, but it's only 6 months old.

Not to mention after the horrible speeds then my comp lost internet. And I been having issues with my net dropping out so I swapped in my GF's Biostar mobo and gave her back her old 4400+ and Asus M2V-MX and now that doesn't have net. Even though it was using that same install of windows before and was working fine...

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    get for cheap a netcard from one of the members and be happy

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yep, that section of the forum doesn't seem too busy, plus think I narrowed it down to the modem. Just trying to decide if I should order another one.

I have an extra network card and it didn't work in either comp. IT turns out it's the same chip thats built in my the Asus M2V-MX mobo and that was running Win 7 before, so can't be a compatibility issue. Granted now that Asus mobo won't connect to the network :/

5. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same has been happening to me, except on occasion my internet won't even load the pages even though it's connected... :banghead:

6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thats what mines been doing. Somtimes I have to reload the page a few times to get it to show. Or any search on google I have to viewed the cached page as the normal page won't show.

Oh now I just noticed everyones sig's aren't loading, just broken link pics, lol.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  7. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well just bit the bullet and got this.

Worst case scenario I just found a way to condense my setup, will most likely return my router I just bought once this arrives.