1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How 2 overclock RAM?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Arix, May 10, 2005.

1. Arix New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I'm rather new at this but does any1 know what program 2 use, or bios setting 4 this RAM: Corsair TWIN2X 5400UL DDR2 1024MB CL3??

2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Usually the ram is linked to the FSB. You could either increase the FSB or change the divider. Changing the divider makes the ram speed change a lot though, most likely running it over its top speed.

3. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can also change your timings in the bios, but you may want to leave them at default so you can oc higher.
    Isn't the aa8xe a i925xe board, then check you are running at ddr 600.
    There should be a overclock on the fly option which will certainly help find which settings do help. Think it is f8 in the uguru section.

4. Arix New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx

for the replyes will check it out :D

5. Morlak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check out www.cpuid.com and get CPU-Z. It'l show what you need for overclocking the RAM via the FSB. Your memory timeings will change from their default, and you may be able to override/change this. I have a Asus board so its different in my bios. My timings change from 4-4-4-8 to 5-5-5-15 on a 20% OC when using auto settings.

Attached Files: