1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How can I change the speed or order of a program at startup?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by sttubs, Jul 19, 2010.

1. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    I just finished a reformat & it takes forever for the network, both wired & wireless to start up.
  2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    you are running a wireless and a wired connection on your pc at the same time?
    sttubs says thanks.
  3. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    No, just one connection. It's just that it takes the networking forever to load.
  4. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    well on a new format, idk what the problem would be. were it a rather aged install like mine, i'd recommend ccleaner to check for start-up programs/processes but that's not the case. is it a wired or wireless connection? as wireless connections take longer to connect at start-up than a wireless connection does. My wireless connection starts up immidiately whereas i used to use wireless which didn't connect till after steam, AIM, MSN, tried to connect.

if it's wireless then it doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me, thou my wireless only took probly 45 seconds to a min to connect after i could see the start-up bar and desktop background. How long does or would you estimate it takes to connect? if its wired there's def something to fix/improve.
    sttubs says thanks.
  5. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    The wired and the wireless connection take almost a full minute to appear in the task bar after other items have already loaded. I think a bad Windows update may have corrupted this now, it worked fine when I initially reformatted, but as I finished all the updates something went awry.
  6. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    sounds like the network is waiting for somthing to load. maybe try reinstall new drivers for both the Wireless and wired card. if that dosnt fix it.. maybe reinstall?

could also try disableing the wireless network card in device manager. see if that fixs it.
    sttubs says thanks.
  7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    The icon in taskbar doesn't nessecarily reflect the actual network status on startup. There will be times that the icon sttes I ahve no connection at start, and doesn't seem to update itself, but lo and behold, no proggies accessing the internet fail to connect.

I get the same with the audio control...it will show no sound, and say the audio service is disabled, yet windows sounds and apps that use sound all work fine.
    sttubs says thanks.
  8. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    I removed this guy, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, and all is back to normal. Thanks for the input guys!
    AsRock says thanks.