1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to make boot cd without bootable iso?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by GIGGLA, Oct 13, 2006.

1. GIGGLA

GIGGLA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've have tried many times and wasted dozens of cd's trying to make a bootable cd. The bootable cd I am trying to make is two files from the internet -a video card bios file and a flashing utility. I tell nero to burn the files does'nt work. I tell it to make a bootable cd but that does'nt work either. I also tried making the files into an iso then burning "does'nt work". I tried telling nero burn iso image to disc still not working. Also tell it burn image and make bootable disk won't work lol. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated thanks.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    tried just ripping the boot files off another bootable cd? nero tends to use its own boot files - which arent very good.

3. GIGGLA

GIGGLA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think my problem is that the files "are not" boot files. They are the modified flashrom for flashing x800 bioses and im using an x800 xt pe bios that is not in a bootable cd iso format. All of the x800 bioses that I see in the tp bios collection do not have the advanced download option, that allows someone to get a bootable cd image of the bios :(

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
    Crunching for Team TPU