1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by Ivycao, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Ivycao New Member

Thanks Received:
    There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

2. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
  3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    cant using bluetooth too?

4. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Didn't apple launch the iCloud service?

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    I just plug mine into the USB, Click My Computer, Click on the Phone and browse to the folder(Will only be able "see" the folder with the Photos in them) and copy. Never used iTunes to import photos.

6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah is it mounting as a disk? Also what do you mean they "weren't taken with iPhone"? Are these located in the same place as ones you do take with the phone's cam?

7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well if you plug your phone in it shows up as a "Camera" Any photos you save from say the web on your phone will be saved in the same folder with the rest of your photos.

8. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    in a worst scenario case: connect the phone when turned off, your pc should detect it as an external drive (at least that has worked for ages with Creative Zen players and Nokia phones that I owned)

And than 'explore' the folders and copy the pics

9. kunmerpark New Member

Thanks Received:
    Transfer photo from iPhone to PC

With your iphone connected to your computer just go to My Computer and find your iphone. Right click on your iphone and it will give you an option to get pictures. When I clicked on this a scanner and camera wizard came up and guided me through the process. Just select the pics you want and the folder where you want them to go to on your pc. All of the pics that I transferred appear to be in the resolution that they were on the phone without being compressed or reduced. Hope that helps.
    More Reviews:
    How to transfer or copy photos from iPhone to Computer
    How to transfer photo/picture from iPhone to Mac

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    WAIT!
    Before you do anything, open iTunes and go into the 'Preferences' tab. There is an option under one of the tabs in that window that says something like "Automatically Sync iPhone when connected". Make sure that is un-ticked, close iTunes and then do what ever the other members have suggested.

If you don't do this and plug your iPhone in, it will try and sync with the PC that doesn't have the images on. Alternatively, if this is just a one of thing, you could just email them to yourself or install the Dropbox application if you already have an account.