1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have a problem with my rig maybe memory

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by tony8814, Oct 10, 2006.

1. tony8814 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all, I have a dfi lanparty ut rdx200 ati mobo, 3500 64bit amd, powercolor x800 ati graphics card, 1-150gig sata, 1- 300 gig sata and for memory i have two different types right now... i have 2- 512 samsung memory at cas 2.5, the other set i have is 2-512 kingston memory at cas 3.0...

I have set everything up and decided to go with windows 64bit os. well, after i loaded everything i went to load call of duty 2. Well, it starts up but as soon as i try to play the game my computer just locks up and reboots all by its self...

i have tried switching back and fourth the 2 different types of memory i have. i have also, tried running all four at the same time and it works. except that i get that lock up and then it reboots.

I wanna say its the memory... but not sure i am off work tommorrow and was thinking of picking some new memory up just to try. but figured thats tommorrow and i have all night tonight to mess with this so i thought to ask you guys for help... thanks

2. Aevum

Thanks Received:
    well, memtest them,

theres a free to download iso around called ultimate boot CD, it comes with tons of diagnostics tools and is self booting, so your operating system settings dont interfere with testing,

3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    No need to download Memtest because it comes in the DFI BIOS, just run it from there. Go to the Genie BIOS Settings, and all the way down, it should says "Memtest 86+", and the Options are Enable or Disable. Enable it, and reboot the comp.

4. Aevum

Thanks Received:
    dont you love it when a moderator comes by and spanks you ?

5. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    you mean spoon feeding :)

6. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Only reason I know is because I have a DFI board myself, and they all have Memtest in the BIOS. But still, the boot-disc with all of the diagnostic tools is a pretty good idea.

Don't be so hard on yourself;)

7. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    Very good idea All boards should have this option