1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7-2600k Testing - Aircooled

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by gkeawe, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Cool temps you have there! For the IBT test I believe you have to set threads to 8 for full load. Well at least I have to for my cpu I was informed by another TPU member.
  2. Shurakai

Shurakai New Member

Thanks Received:
    As it's impossible for an air cooler to go below ambient, what is the temperature where you live? Just curious.
  3. Kast

Thanks Received:
    Idle and load temps for my 2500k

Attached Files:

4. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    It would be normal 70f or so for sure. I told him this as well. It has to be bad sensors is all. Like mine, They are stuck 2 cores on 37 and 2 cores on 38. They never go below this, And that sucks! Even when I had my TEC water block hooked up and I knew for sure the temp was below ambient!
  5. gkeawe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Tom, checkout my temps at idle this morning. I don't think I have "stuck" sensors, Yesterday was the first time I really tested the capabilities of my CPU, I must say I'm still impressed with my i7-2600k on air, not to mention the tests were with a full 16GB of memory installed.

Attached Files:

6. gkeawe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Intel ETU data during a two volume defrag, the intel ETU reports my CPU at 3.91GHz but CPUZ reports 3.8GHz

Attached Files:

7. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Download Prime95 x64 and run the Large FFT burn-in test. This test always can stress my CPU to the max and seems to be the determining factor if the system is stable or not. I recommend running it for at least 15-30 minutes and if temperatures start to get close to 80*C, your voltage is too high for air. >80*C for SB (and SB-E) is not good, even if the TjMax is 100*C.

Also if you BSOD, clearly your system is unstable and if you're system is like mine, you may get something like "Clock interrupt not received on secondary processor" which just means your CPU voltage for the clock you're trying to run is too low.
  8. gkeawe New Member

Thanks Received:
    No more testing, BIOS set to auto, turbo frequency handled by system BIOS, MAX power savings enabled.

Attached Files:

9. unclewebb

unclewebb RealTemp Author

Thanks Received:
    When a Core i CPU is partially loaded, the multiplier can be rapidly changing hundreds of times a second depending on how many cores are in the active state. RealTemp will show you a very accurate average of what multipliers your CPU has been using during each 1 second sampling period.

Intel has never, ever used sensors that are 100% accurate, especially when a CPU is idle. The 45nm Core 2 based sensors had multiple issues including getting stuck at low temperatures. The Core i sensors are much better but they are still not 100% accurate. These sensors were only designed for thermal throttling and thermal shutdown control so there has never been any need for Intel to waste money on "space shuttle" quality core temperature sensors.
  10. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Glenn pussed out!
  11. gkeawe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stay on topic Tom ! : / its your CPU that might be bricked if I push the limits : 0 :slap:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  12. trickson

Thanks Received:
    lol nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

:D:D