1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IbuyPower Take Monthly Payment?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by HiddenStupid, Oct 25, 2007.

?

which is better?

1. IbuyPower

100.0%
  2. CyberPowerPC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do IBuyPower and CyberPowerPC take monthly payment?

and which is better? IbuyPower or CyberPowerPC?

I know that building my own cost less but I have little money right now.... I am very desperate to play Crysis! I am planning to pay monthly and yes I do know that it will end up costing more due to interest or inshorest ect....

.....but as long as I can pay little by little im ok with it cause right now im in the desperation need to play crysis! I cant even join the beta! due to my rig cant handle it!

I am planning to get:
    - athlon fx-74
    - 8gig ram
    - dual 2900xt crossfire
    - vista ultimate 64bit

and do you think 2950xtx will apear by jan 2008?

and does anyone know if IbuyPower and CyberPowerPC take very very custom computer? I mean customer's custom spec.... as I browse through the site and they seems to have only 4gig max.... is it posible for them to take customer's request spec and components?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Don't get yourself into debt to play a game. Specially not to get some overkill rig.

3. Zedicus

Thanks Received:
    get a 500$ personal loan and build one. or better yet a newegg credit card.

just keep it to something u can hav paid off in like 3 months.

4. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    I agree a video game is not worth it. Not a wise investment. Video games are fun and all, but not worth going into that kind of sorry investment. No offense or anything, but its kind of pathetic your willing to pay 3k+ for a rig on a 50$ game. Also the game isn't out yet, no reviews, don't even know if its all its cracked up to be. Not to mention about a month after you have the game and rig you will be thinking wow I was stupid.

Not to mention 8gb of ram and a FX-74 is beyond overkill thats just stupid. I suggest you learn a bit more about hardware before going after a new rig.

5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I agree with what everyone above me has to say, but allow me to add this. That current 350Watt PSU is a big no no for the parts you are thinking about getting. So you might want to include a better quality and wattage PSU in that list as well.

6. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    i heard some very bad things about Ibuypower...
    I think you will be better off with newegg

7. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, playing a game isn't worth blowing 3 or more thousand dollars. Wait until you have the money to build a decent comp yourself...and btw you really only need like a $1000 rig to run crysis at decent/nice settings.

8. leventp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do not get into a debt for such overkill hardware. You can do just as well with only one 2900XT and 2GBs of RAM. Buying 8GB is nonsense....

9. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, you shouldn't be worrying about buying a new system like that... ESPECIALLY when there's all this hardware that's going to be coming out soon. Your current rig will definitely tie you over, so just wait it out. By the time you save up some money, you can buy better hardware and avoid being in credit card debt. You've lived this long without Crysis, whats a few weeks going to do to you?

10. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
  11. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    agree, don't waist your money now

12. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    of the two ibuypower is better, but as everyone else has said, don't waste your money like that. (especially with the poor poor performance of the fx74 lol) and definetly next time don't go into the clouds with the specs 8gb mem? for what? 2GB or maybe 4GB if you're really set on it. cf 2900's? why not just one, or even the 8800gt or 2950/3870 that are about to release for 250$

13. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    I also have a vote in for neither. They both are for peoples that are rich and do not want to take the time to build their own rig.

I know I have barely any room to speak but, I am certain you could build yourself a kick@$$ rig for a third of what they will charge.

14. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah not only getting parts.... getting whole system.

dont know why when I sign up for beta and ask to put in spec and it says do not meet minimum requirement and cant be in.

edit: and does anyone know if IbuyPower and CyberPowerPC take very very custom computer? I mean customer's custom spec.... as I browse through the site and they seems to have only 4gig max.... is it posible for them to take customer's request spec and components?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007