• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

If you think youre having a bad day....

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@R-T-B
The N1 has improperly working OCP (link) and the W1 is literally a dysfunctional design (link). I am sorry, this cannot be called anything but garbage. No hyperbole. While they have a lot of mediocre, but ultimately acceptable units, the examples above are not ones I would consider as such.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
@R-T-B
The N1 has improperly working OCP (link) and the W1 is literally a dysfunctional design (link). I am sorry, this cannot be called anything but garbage. No hyperbole. While they have a lot of mediocre, but ultimately acceptable units, the examples above are not ones I would consider as such.
Yes but applying that to their line as a whole is hyperbole is my point. Even Seasonic has some bordeline garbage, by modern standards. Would you extend that to the statement "Seasonic PSUs are garbage?"

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@R-T-B
I… never did? Literally my original statement.
Everyone who’s remotely serious about hardware knows that brand is irrelevant, individual quality models are. Pretty much all major vendors have both outstanding and crappy models. EVGA is no exception. Seasonic USUALLY doesn’t make straight trash, but far from everything in their lineup is pure gold. People dunk on Corsair PSUs sometimes, but RMx, AX and their SF line are absolute bangers which are a great pick. So one should always be diligent and do the homework when buying PSUs.
I don’t speak for @Dr. Dro, but, seeing as how he doesn’t strike me as an irrational fellow, I doubt he implied that either. So, uh, I am not sure what’s the argument even is. The idea is that the more EVGA expanded the PSU lineup, the more mediocre or outright poor models they made and by the latter years the overall drop in quality became hard to brush off, especially when competitors managed to hit same price-points without such drastic compromises. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable take on what happened.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
I agree, but there is a difference between "decline from excellence" and "garbage quality"

I think the hyperbole there does deserve to be called out, as much as this RMA screwup does.

Problem is; "garbage quality" is consequential to "decline from excellence", I reckon. Besides, if it truly was hyperbole, they wouldn't be with both arms and a foot in the grave.

Again, none of your blathering on about the current situation has anything to do with your initial statement and the lies you tried to perpetrate.
As a reminder, being that it seems you have forgotten...

Nothing you stated about this apparent sudden turn to garbage level PSUs is fact despite what you may have tried to convince yourself of. You've given zero proof of their PSUs having shown any loss of quality other than your own misguided personal disdain. Yet you continue to spout off about these "facts" that have nothing to do with their power supplies. You claim that because they started selling PSUs from "numerous sources and OEMs" that their PSUs became garbage. Oh and lets not forget how your soooo concerned with all of these people running their inadequate and hazardous PSUs...lmao. So dramatic! Yeah, that's pure nonsense. EVGA has always outsourced their PSUs. The very same power supplies that every other member of this forum suggested to any and all noobs that would listen over and over again (including yourself) for years. But now, because they are apparently going out of business (according to the "bash EVGA club")they're long venerated PSUs are have immediately become garbage (what a joke)because your butthurt for some odd reason? I can only assume they're dropping Nvidia is the cause of your pain? Not that you would admit it either way. But no, sorry it doesn't work that way. You don't get to make things up, try to pass it off as fact and not get called out. Cough up some actual legitimate facts that back up your garbage, inadequate, hazardous PSU claims. LMAO, as if.

?

Does that clarify things for you? Are we quite clear as to what it is we're talking about now? No more misconceptions? You've made it crystal clear that you have an obvious agenda to stick to. As such I look forward to more of the same in response.

You haven't been reading my posts and you're deeply emotionally invested. Communication with you would be impossible until you retrace some 10 steps back from your position of "stop bashing my favorite company!!!111oneeleven :(" - EVGA has been guilty as charged of doing what I say. Power supplies like the B, BV, W, N1 series equally garbage but not quite as explosive BT, BA, BR, BP... it's gotten that bad, down to the SKU spam.

I won't really remark the qualities you've bestowed upon me here because they're both false and irrelevant, I'm clearly not the one writing walls of text to defend something from an emotional standpoint.

@R-T-B
I… never did? Literally my original statement.

I don’t speak for @Dr. Dro, but, seeing as how he doesn’t strike me as an irrational fellow, I doubt he implied that either. So, uh, I am not sure what’s the argument even is. The idea is that the more EVGA expanded the PSU lineup, the more mediocre or outright poor models they made and by the latter years the overall drop in quality became hard to brush off, especially when competitors managed to hit same price-points without such drastic compromises. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable take on what happened.

Exactly. Anyone takes a little time to look at the portfolio, some reviews and the cultists tier list (not that it's law) can come to the same conclusion. It's one thing to cater to different price points which require different standards of quality, but one thing is doing that like the other companies have, the other is having literally a dozen different platforms competing with each other in the same tiers and segments without regard for consistency and quality, which is what EVGA did.

@R-T-B

Very first comment in Aris' W1 video link:

1711357506798.png

That guy summed up all of my thoughts in one single sentence, and what I want @maxfly to understand. It's not about hating on EVGA. It's about getting them to own up to their actions. Except it's a little too late for them. They've all but fallen out of grace, and the market won't wait for them.

Last edited:
System Name Dark Palimpsest
Processor Intel i9 13900k with Optimus Foundation Block
Motherboard EVGA z690 Classified
Cooling MO-RA3 420mm Custom Loop
Memory G.Skill 6000, 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia 4090 FE with Heatkiller Block
Storage 3 NVMe SSDs, 2TB-each, plus a SATA SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte FO32U2P (32" QD-OLED) , Asus ProArt PA248QV (24")
Case Be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X
Power Supply Be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 X
Keyboard GMMK Pro + Numpad
And what company made it? Do they sell PSUs directly under their own brand name?

(I hate this rebranding mess)
It's actually kind of funny because EVGA's G6/P6 are made by Seasonic as the OEM.

Personally i like the way Corsair handle their cables with type 4, as in my RMx etc. You can check on their website and see which cables fit which PSU.
EVGA actually has a site where they listed all the cables that were compatible between different supplies. It's currently out of date and I don't see anything about the pinout change within the same part number for the PSU in this story.

Why would you expect there to be? Industries don't typically announce what they have in active R&D because it tells their competitors what they are working on. In fact, those typically are closely guarded secrets and competitors will often engage in "corporate espionage" - sometimes to extreme illegal limits - just to learn or even steal plans and trade secrets of those competitors.

Well, it is not all true, however.

To illustrate, if you visit their Drivers and BIOS download page, and navigate to the GeForce 30 Series Family of Graphics Cards, then under Windows 11, you can clearly see there have been monthly driver updates from 8/10/2021 up through and including 3/5/2024.

There is no doubt that it "appears" EVGA is in financial trouble. But the only concrete news I have seen is from 8 months ago in July 2023. Everything else since is just rumors and supposition - and the constant viral parroting of those same rumors and suppositions. :(

Their decision to stop making graphics cards, estimated to be 80% of their business, certainly has had a HUGE impact on their revenue stream. But I have seen nothing to suggest they are on their death bed yet either.

It is not uncommon for companies to stretch themselves too thin by producing too many products, more than they can manage and maintain standards. So they restructure, downsize and concentrate on producing a small handful of top-tier products and [hopefully] end up thriving. I am hoping that's what EVGA ends up doing, and I hope it is with their PSUs.

Surely, with that income gone, they are going through some major restructuring - from the top down. And I sure would like to see more lights on in their factories. But I say we give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what happens before hammering that last nail in their coffin.

That certainly is possible but I sure would question why anyone would want to run a business that way. Why not attempt to at least sell your assets and cut your losses and move on to other endeavors. I realize they have warranty obligations. But if they have facilities, equipment, patents, copyrights, trade marks etc. they could be worth selling to another company, and still support those customers.

Sadly, we may never know what is really going on.
I know others have replied to these two^, but I can also confirm that through GN and Jayztwocents (the youtube channels EVGA's owner decided to announce their GPU-market-withdrawal through) that the owner intends to retire and (likely at least partially due to cultural beliefs) does not think it would be honorable to sell the company, especially if whoever bought it changed what he views as it's good reputation. He'd prefer to just let it die a slow death at his own hands. The funny thing about that idea is that it is having pretty much the exact opposite effect where his decisions have led the company to poor quality, poor communication between what employees are still there, and ultimately a poor experience for their customers, thus ruining what the company stands for now.

On the topic of overall quality drops in PSUs there, I can say that I agree that has been the general trend, but there have been a couple exceptions...
The P2/T2/G2/G3/P3 and a few others that were all SuperFlower OEM were great supplies with reviews that reflect their quality.
The G5 had several issues and was one of the earlier FSP supplies after EVGA "broke up" with SuperFlower. While there were some quality issues mentioned with it, it was the actual design decisions that got it the most hate.
The G+ and P+ have a terrible design and I've seen more people complain about these in the forums than anybody else. Most people are lucky and it's just an obnoxious amount of coil whine, but there were a few people with failures as well. I think this was also FSP.
The G6, as I said before, is a Seasonic OEM and generally had favorable reviews (not legendary, but pretty good). The P6 was mostly good, but I believe that had several reports of not handling 30-series spikes well. Most people RMAd it and had good luck with the replacements though.
The G7 launched with minimal coverage for a long time, but looking at it today I see Tom's did a review and actually liked it a lot. It was another FSP OEM supply that had a better design than the G5. It seemed quite specifically intended to be a new improved G5 that had improvements on the features the G5 got ripped for in reviews.
As for the two newer supplies, the XC and FTW, I haven't seen a single review for these and they've been out since June/August of last year. I don't know who the OEM is, but these shocked everyone with their limited 3 year warranty, which is basically unheard of in an EVGA power supply marketed in this class. There's a lot of conjecture about why only a 3 year warranty and personally I think it has everything to do with them not wanting to support any new products longer than that (opposed to them just expecting them to explode in 3.5 years).

If you go below gold tier...most of their power supplies have pretty bad reviews. I've always looked at it as read reviews about a particular model before considering it and you will have a better experience. I don't know of any brand that's always had perfect products. EVGA has had some fantastic power supplies, but also some to avoid so it's always been up to the consumer to look into it and make sure you're not just going by brand. I also say this as someone who at various points has had EVGA: Power supplies, motherboards, CPU coolers, Mouse, Keyboard, GPUs!, etc. for years. Currently the only one of their products I still have is the z690, which hasn't had a BIOS update in a long time and probably will never have another one. Their motherboard team is gone. Their GPU team is gone. Jacob, Lee, Kingpin, and most of the helpful staff they've had over the years that provided the good experiences we remember are gone. All that seems to be left is a few support people who currently have a terrible job of trying to reassure people that "everything's fine" while the facade literally melting around them and all they can do is try to RMA things for people (the people the respond to or don't try to blame for things). It's gotten quite sad at this point.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Hyperbole.

Falling from grace.

Garbage.

I have yet to find a maker who's bottom tier, entry level PSUs are of the same high-quality as their top-tier models. Yet that seems to be the expectation with EVGA. :(

I think this thread has turned from sad to worse and has turned in to a point where there is an angry mob kicking a man who is down on his luck who just happen to have tripped and fallen in front of them.

There is no evidence of scandal. No evidence of executive corruption. No evidence the company is trying to rip anyone off. And yet this thread has turned into 6 pages of EVGA bashing.

Let's not forget that this incident started when EVGA accepted responsibility by issuing the RMA in the first place. They then admitted they should have sent replacement cables too, then they did send replacement cables.

This uproar all started over allegations! NO PROOF. Just a user on reddit "claiming" this PSU fried "all" his storage devices by sending "too much voltage to the wrong wires". As a technician, I sure would like to know what wires were changed? What voltages are we talking about? The user claims the entire pin-out was "all completely wrong". Really?

I would want to analyze the whole computer, or at least the motherboard too. And the drives. All of them.

I think it also important to note this EVGA was not the only PSU the user had problems with. He also had problems with a Corsair he said was "making noise". This Corsair he put in after the initial EVGA. The EVGA, he claimed, had coil whine - the worse he "had ever heard" - starting on day one of the new build. So, I would like to test and evaluate his facility voltage too.

Surely this is not the only PSU of this model that has been returned for a warranty replacement? Yet this seems to be the only report of these problems.

I have over 5 decades of professional experience as a certified master electronics technician. I could write a book containing nothing but flimsy excuses and total falsehoods told by users and operators blaming the equipment failure on everything else - except the truth. And that truth was, "user" or "operator error". This book could contain a whole chapter on how they tried to "cover up" their own mistake with more falsehoods and even actions making the problem worse.

We had an air traffic control tower "chief" spill his coffee (with cream and sugar) onto a console, taking out an entire position. No food or drink is even allowed in the cab (where the controllers sit), let alone near the consoles. And this was the boss. Instead of calling us right away, he decided to take apart the console position and clean it up himself. What could have been relatively simple 1 - 2 hour cleanup job (by a qualified tech) ended up being 6 hours of downtime requiring much further disassembly and replacement of parts.

Users lie. That's a fact. Not all, of course. But enough to warrant a "show me the proof" attitude.

Again - I am NOT defending EVGA for this blunder. As a technician, if they changed the pinout as reported, there is no excuse for either not changing the entire part number of the PSU designating a new model, or they should have published very explicit warnings and instructions to use the new cables, AND they should have checked to ensure they provided new cables with the replacement PSU. NO ARGUEMENT there from me.

I am just saying such mob behavior against what has been a reputable company for what appears, at this point, a "one-off" mistake is just wrong. Remember, there are only allegations, no proof.

System Name Dark Palimpsest
Processor Intel i9 13900k with Optimus Foundation Block
Motherboard EVGA z690 Classified
Cooling MO-RA3 420mm Custom Loop
Memory G.Skill 6000, 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia 4090 FE with Heatkiller Block
Storage 3 NVMe SSDs, 2TB-each, plus a SATA SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte FO32U2P (32" QD-OLED) , Asus ProArt PA248QV (24")
Case Be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X
Power Supply Be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 X
Keyboard GMMK Pro + Numpad
Bill, respectfully, I think you might be misreading the room here.

most of this thread has been a back and forth between people who didn't read the article stating what is commonly known as "don't mix cables from different supplies" until they realize that EVGA created this situation. EVGA admitted fault and offered new cables. I agree it was kind of them to accept an RMA for coil whine as I don't think every manufacturer does that. They then dropped the ball big time on the cable issue. That's the crux here and I think the tone of the rest of the responses is a general "how did they let this happen?" and then a discussion/dispute on what led to this level of poor quality from a company that most people at least used to admire.

I haven't seen anybody suggest that every product they've ever made was great (or crap). Also, nobody's kicking an old man. I will continue to fight (against what I feel is a truly odd notion) that corporations are not people. They are run by people, but they are not in themselves...people. So while you may think there's hope for this company yet, I don't think that's based on any current actions from them. The owner himself has admitted he's looking to spend more time with family and get away from this business and has no intention to sell. So yes, they are in decline. No, it is not exactly graceful. But also, that doesn't mean everything they ever did was bad. I was adamant for years that their GPUs were the best option out there (if you live in the US anyway). They had better quality than Gigabyte and MSI and didn't cost as much as Asus. It was generally accepted that you may have more issues than with Asus, but you always knew they had your back...contrary to Asus's customer support (which to call "difficult" would be kind). I think Asus has slipped off in that regard and their QC has been rough lately, which now that EVGA is out of the game means we have no one left that we can count on really, at least in my opinion. So yeah, I'd say that makes at least some of us frustrated by the owner of EVGA's decision to nosedive the company we once knew and loved.

In general, I agree with you that users have a history of lies, but so do manufacturers. In this particular case, EVGA told the user to request that the HDD company replace the drives that the PSU blew up, which sounds like a super slimy thing to do and sounds an awful lot like asking the user to lie to the hard drive manufacturer i.e. fraud. Also, from the description, this is exactly what happens when you run a SATA drive with a cable that doesn't have the correct pinout. My brother did that once when swapping supplies and he learned the hard way about not reusing cables. That was his fault. 100%. It was ignorance as he hadn't built that many computers and had never heard about that before, but that's still his fault. This is different. The situation is all laid out pretty cleanly, with confirmation from EVGA in their responses, so it's pretty hard to say that because users have caused plenty of their own problems for as long as there have been users that EVGA isn't failing.

Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Keyboard Galax Stealth
I have yet to find a maker who's bottom tier, entry level PSUs are of the same high-quality as their top-tier models. Yet that seems to be the expectation with EVGA. :(

No one said that. But no other maker, including the likes of Cooler Master and Corsair both of which have extreme volume at the budget end, have this much SKU spam and sell PSUs this bad. Seasonic is the one OEM and vendor that people demand the most of, and even their less than universally loved S12 II isn't quite as bad as EVGA's budget supplies. If EVGA somehow kept selling their Super Flower-based B2's that were basically the same Leadex platform from their premium supplies but with slightly cheaper caps, they'd probably be the kings of budget...

And may I just add, EVGA may have been reputable in the past, but their current situation doesn't give them any favors. The facts have all been laid, and like Boba mentioned, handling here was slimy at best. Things don't really look good.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Bill, respectfully, I think you might be misreading the room here.

most of this thread has been a back and forth between people who didn't read the article stating what is commonly known as "don't mix cables from different supplies" until they realize that EVGA created this situation. EVGA admitted fault and offered new cables. I agree it was kind of them to accept an RMA for coil whine as I don't think every manufacturer does that. They then dropped the ball big time on the cable issue. That's the crux here and I think the tone of the rest of the responses is a general "how did they let this happen?" and then a discussion/dispute on what led to this level of poor quality from a company that most people at least used to admire.
I don't think I have misread it at all.

I agree with all you said - at least in this part I quoted. And with most of what everyone else has said too. And I already explained how they let this happen. They claimed "they forgot" to include the new cables. Bull feathers! When it comes to fulfilling an order, there should be nothing to remember or forget. There should have been a checklist. And someone checking to make sure the checklist was followed. They screwed up. No one, especially me, is denying that.

No one said that.
I agree, no one explicitly said that. But why then all the griping about the W1 PSU - a PSU that had absolutely nothing to do with this cable issue, except to bash on EVGA? Why all the complaints that EVGA is not the real manufacturer (a very common practice across the entire computer hardware industry). Why all the fuss about other issues unrelated to this specific cable issue. It is just piling on and kicking the man down. That's my point.

And may I just add, EVGA may have been reputable in the past, but their current situation doesn't give them any favors.
I agree. But does it take nearly 7 pages of bashings to say that? No. So yes, that's kicking the man when he's down.

The facts have all been laid
No! Allegations have been made. Big difference.

In general, I agree with you that users have a history of lies, but so do manufacturers. In this particular case, EVGA told the user to request that the HDD company replace the drives that the PSU blew up
No. You mean the drives the user alleges the PSU blew up. Just because a user's "story" sounds plausible, that does not make it fact. I am not ready to believe EVGA's story any more than I am ready to believe "one" anonymous forum user's story either.

I want to see that hardware on my bench before I accuse EVGA of any wrong-doing - other than failing to send proper cables.

Keyboard Galax Stealth
I agree, no one explicitly said that. But why then all the griping about the W1 PSU - a PSU that had absolutely nothing to do with this cable issue, except to bash on EVGA? Why all the complaints that EVGA is not the real manufacturer (a very common practice across the entire computer hardware industry). Why all the fuss about other issues unrelated to this specific cable issue. It is just piling on and kicking the man down. That's my point.

I agree. But does it take nearly 7 pages of bashings to say that? No. So yes, that's kicking the man when he's down.

Primarily as an example of how mismanaged EVGA has become over time. Companies that have an upright business that's working well will rarely turn to a white label. We all know EVGA always had good engineering, good maintenance, good personnel, good RMA... where is all that? Like dominoes, one started to fail leading the next one to fail, too. This incident is merely consequential of their fall from grace.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
And the bashing continues. :(

Keyboard Galax Stealth
And the bashing continues. :(

I've always been a fan of their gear. But it'd be foolish to ignore the fact the EVGA that made the wonderful products we once loved is not only no more, they're also long since gone. Think of it like an ex that you have bittersweet feelings for. It's probably the best analogy. We should cherish the moments that were shared, while also acknowledging the end.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
And you are still at it. :(

What did you say in your last two posts that hasn't already been said, implied or inferred by you and others, repeatedly, in the previous 137 posts? In your first post here you talked about EVGA being a "festering corpse".

In your second post you talked about EVGA selling "garbage power supplies" and even "hazardous PSUs" that you "can't forgive them for".

In your third post, you talked about EVGA "regularly released trash products".

So on and so on.

Pretty sure we all understand how you feel about EVGA.

Keyboard Galax Stealth
And you are still at it. :(

What did you say in your last two posts that hasn't already been said, implied or inferred by you and others, repeatedly, in the previous 137 posts? In your first post here you talked about EVGA being a "festering corpse".

In your second post you talked about EVGA selling "garbage power supplies" and even "hazardous PSUs" that you "can't forgive them for".

In your third post, you talked about EVGA "regularly released trash products".

So on and so on.

Pretty sure we all understand how you feel about EVGA.

Apparently not, since i'm being painted as some sort of big skull-bashing villain who just exposed a whole bunch of dirt hurting feelings up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and start here.

It's all true, they've been releasing trash products on the regular for some time now, and relying on their brand and world-class RMA to get things straight. Their power supply business dwindled to something that's akin to a white label business. If you don't know what a white label business is, it means a company which contracts out products to sell under their own brand. All of this is true. If it wasn't true, even with the loss of their GPU business, things would have been way, way livelier.

What do you have to say in their defense for the poor fellows who dropped up to a grand on their Z790 boards that didn't even get a 14th gen BIOS? 14700K unbootable since microcode thinks it has 4 e-core clusters present (and it doesn't, so the CPU init fails). 14900K and KS boot but with completely wrong settings. Not even these guys were tended to because, as it stands, no BIOS guy working for them rn. I mean, don't take it from me, i'm just some very evil EVGA hater who's bashing the company by just showing the fact that... they're dead.

My personal gripe at the moment:

And that's for the fancy "Pro", my original card? Been left out in the cold since 2020. It's all been covered, and we've long since gone in circles, i'm convinced there's just some skeleton crew running their RMA department left, and that's it. The answer they gave to the guy who lost his HDDs on Reddit of "try your luck frauding the HDD warranty and leave us alone" is about as un-EVGA-like as it could've been. There's nothing to defend, and if you ask of me, i'm being actually nice given the situation.

Mouse Logitech M190