Discussion in 'Games' started by kyle2020, Jul 26, 2008.
Anyone? Im torn between Mass Effect AND UT3. Any opinions?
Those are totally different genres of games, but if you even have interest in RPGs, Mass Effect deserves to be played. I haven't played UT3, so I can't offer my opinion on that game.
UT3 . Start a poll
i know they are totally different, but i like the look of mass effect, but i love online shooters. Im still undecided haha.
How do i start a poll?
Mass Effect, although a beautiful game, was surprisingly short if you stick to the main plot, which i found rather dissappointing. But i would still recommend you play it. Like bretts, i too haven't had the chance to play UT3 yet, but if its anything like its predecessors it also deserves a play.
Both. Seriously, don't bother choosing. I have both and love them both in different ways. Mass Effect is short if you stick to the main story line, but honestly you never do unless you make a concious decision, there's loads to explore and do outside of the main story line.
UT3, well the single player is quite a nice plot, but the multiplayer is where it excels. I've played UT since the first one, UT2k4 is still the best, but UT3 is still amazing.
i have been playing UT'04 for a while too and love it - im just worried that UT3 will be short lived in terms of multi, as the main online shooter(s) i play are steam orientated (CS:S and TF2), And i really like the look and reviews of mass effect. I cant afford both as i have ordered a new VGA cooler, so ill have to decided between them.
In that case Mass Effect.
UT3 is great but it's not UT2K4. At the moment there are no where near as many servers on UT3, and there are a lot of die-hard 2k4 fans who refuse to move over.
Id say go UT3 myself heaps fun fps and a number of ppl here play it. A friend of mine has Mass Effect not really my type of game looks pretty abit slow though.
Mass Effect is not really slow, but then again it's not even close to UT's trademark fast paced-ness.
Mass Effect is worth buying because of it's replay value, as you can portray a different character each time you play through it.
Whereas UT3 has the multiplayer component which will also keep you playing it for weeks.
Gears of War, its free to play online now
GOW was an after thought of mine seeing as i completed it on my 360 before i sold it.
MASS EFFECT all the way, seriously that story is immense. And the amount of playability is quite huge. Took me 18 hours to complete all side quests and main story line on first run through which is quite a long time! UT3 wouldn't last that long...
Between the two, UT3 and Mass Effect. Like everyone said, its two different styles. I mean UT3 is fast quick, lots of guns that go boom.Graphics are great, (Gears of war is built off the UT3 engine)so you know what to expect. It has a story mode and of course the famous online (have fun loading custom maps). Then Mass effect. Its also cool, but its a different style. I mean you having fighting , some characteristics of a FPS in 3D person view. But its also a slower game that will take more involvement that UT3 where as you just turn it on and shoot, then your done. But, Mass effect does have a lot of ground to cover.
i think your right. I easily get fed up with online fps, i mean i havent played COD4 online in donkeys - the only online fps i play consistantly is CS:S.
Mass effect it is then!
I just played Mass Effect
I just finished Mass Effect and I loved it. I have three complaints:
1. The game was way too short, in my opinion; I would have liked to get more involved in everything
2. I would have liked to have more opportunities for combat that wasn't related to the main quest or a side-quest. Maybe some randomly generated instances where mobs would re-populate and I could go for loot and xp. As it is, you pretty much encounter your combat and everything else as part of some mission. This made the environment feel kind of "boxed in" to me, with little opporunity to actually explore some of the dangers and varied populations you might expect to encounter on so many foreign planets. I also didn't like that the majority of the game is driving around in the Mako on planets, only to come out for relatively short amount of time for action inside relatively small buildings.
3. I would have liked more content. More things to interact with and more outfits, etc. Maybe you could sit at a computer at the Citadel and read "news" or "surf" the internet and even get missions through online classifieds, have an apartment to actually store items and invite NPC's to visit, be able to buy different Mako's with different abilities, or even have Mako development tree where you can level it as well through upgrades, I don't know, just more content in the environment so it wouldn't feel so sterile.
I did like quite a few things about it though.
1. For maybe the first time in a game, I was able to create a character that I really liked to represent me; the graphics for the models are just amazing and they didn't look weird or goofy in some way like most games. I really enjoyed looking at my character throughout the game.
2. I loved the character development with your henchmen. Again, the game was too short, but they did manage to touch me in some individual way and that is rare in games. I wish their stories were even more involved.
3. If you have the video card and monitor for it, it's truly beautiful and everything is so nicely done; I felt like I was really in control of a movie
4. The voice acting was done extremely well, and it was obvious they put a lot of maticulous time into this game.
I would play it again and may do so at some point; I'm going through Crysis right now, but anyawy, I think you will like it... my only frustration really is that I liked it SO much that I wish there was more of it.
get mass effect for 360, and ut3 for pc
I do not have Mass Effect but i read a lot of it being nice but short. Those games have a low replay value in my book. Once your done with it you might give it a 2nd try but after that...
I have UT3. Personally, i liked UT2K4 much better. The graphics are not as nice but i feel there more gameplay, more mods, more map packs and a lot more online players.
Separate names with a comma.