1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issue with suspected under performing RAM Kingston HyperX Beast

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Nossy, May 8, 2014.

1. Nossy

Nossy

Thanks Received:
    Ever since me using this computer iv had minor issues here and there. Nothing major IE. most times i'm playing games it'l display "windows 7 color scheme is recommended to be changed to basic color"

Now i got a mate who's more computer savoy to check over my pc and the results with the Ram were horrible. I'm testing with SiSoftware Sandra. Its tested it to be running at 1.553 GB/S which is well below average... Any ideas how i can increase this?
    RzCap-20140508192201.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. Nossy

Nossy

Thanks Received:
    RzCap-20140508193021.jpg
    Ram specs and numbers. 8 Sticks in total, all exactly the same.

3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    try enable XMP Profile in the bios on ur ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition board and see if that will do anything.

Nossy says thanks.
  4. Nossy

Nossy

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your help. Yes it did help a smidgen. I'v had it set to that mode before but noticed i couldn't change my cpu clock. Doing it this time i managed to clock both to ranges i'm happy with. but the program still says that the RAM isn't performing well at all. Only 2% got worse results with that particular type of Ram. Now after running the test this time it gave me a note that its recommended to change all my timings to improve performance. so from here on out i guess im looking for ways to tweak with the ram safely. Ill keep looking in other areas as i dare say that many other people have asked the same question.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

5. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    Download AIDA 64. Go to tools>Cache and memory benchmark. Post a screenshot here. Keep all unnecessary background apps closed.

6. Nossy

Nossy

Thanks Received:
    RzCap-20140514181211.jpg
    i have tweaked with a few more things to get her up and going so i hope this helps

7. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    timings are absurdly lose on these sticks but all in all its in the ballpark where it should be its not gonna have a effect on anything the AERO message is unrelated to the ram

Nossy says thanks.
  8. Nossy

Nossy

Thanks Received:
    Ever since iv upped the xmp profile and the cpu multiplier as high as I can go keeping the ram at 2400mhz I havent had any further issues. Thanks for the heads up. :)