• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issue with Unigine 2.5/3.0

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard ASRock Extreme9 Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 980 Strix x 2
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Can someone help me out here...I got done with my build and started to do a few benchmark programs to just make sure the computer was running fine. So I downloaded Uningine and it benched...the 1st time around it failed and said the Intel HD4000 failed etc etc. So I went into virtu mvp and turned GPU virlualization off and ran it again.

As you can see the GPU is showing it to be Intel HD4000 and not a GTX690

After doing a few google search, on the Windows 7 forums it was showing that Virtu indeed gets in the way at times and you'll either have to turn it off (already did) or just uninstall the darn thing. I ended up uninstalling it, uninstalling unigine 2.5 and dl/installing unigine 3.0 and ended up with

HD4000 still.

Went ahead and before that and tried to run 3DMarks 11 and it was dead in the water with Virtu. Uninstalled Virtu and it ran it

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4097293

ended up with it showing off the correct GPU. However like I said with Virtu installed and disabled or not disabled it will not run.

System Specs:
i7-3770K | Asus Maximus V Formula | 16GB Mushkin Blackline | EVGA Signature GTX 690

So any suggestions on why in Unigine its showing the GPU as Intel HD4000?

Just a thought, but it may be that Unigine selects the first GPU in the list of GPU's detected on the computer. One being from the CPU and other physical cards. When it probably should be showing/using primary adapter. idk just a thought

I would try to disable the HD4000 from device manager... if it shows up. Honesty don't know, never cared for chips with built-in gpu's.

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard ASRock Extreme9 Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 980 Strix x 2
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Same here besides for my new HTPC build that'll be using AMD's APU chip.

Thanks for the suggestion btw