• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issues with Biostar/G.Skill. Any ideas?

Demonian

Been having one hell of a fun time trying to get this system stable....

Started with a low end Chaintech mobo that was DOA. RMAed it and ordered a Biostar TForce4U. Had an ATI mATX mobo laying around that I used until I got the Biostar board. The ATI worked fine with my two mixed sticks of PC3200 (512x2), but the board has zero OC ability.

I get the Biostar and find out that my memory will not work with the board. One stick will, but both will not. Not in dual channel, not in single. Not with any timing combo i can think of, and I tried an arse load of them.

Today I get 2gb of G.Skill PC4000. Will not run dual channel, will not run 1T with both sticks. One stick it runs fine. Single channel I can get it to boot, but have instability issues. I have played with the timings and have yet to come up with any that seem to work. the best I have found are the ones I used in the attached image. Again, with only one stick all the issues dissapear.

I have ran MemTest86 quite a number of times now and always get errors. Sometimes a few, sometimes one as in the image.

Image info:

Error1 is a pic of MemTest86. Error occurred on pass #1 of 3. Prior to this I had a similar error on pass#2 of 2, but due to inconsiderate retards in my house trying to use my computer, I was unable to get a pic of it, nor was I able to complete 5 consecutive passes. Sorry for the image quality. I have no idea why it looks yellow...

Sys_Info is a screenshot with CPUz info and ATI Tool

I have tried at stocks speeds as well as OCed and I have less issues OCed - Go figure.

System:

Biostar TForce4U
AMD A64 3200+ @ 2.5GHz
Connect3d x800GTO @ 531/552 - 12 Pipes
2GB G.Skill PC4000 @ 250 (DDR500)
LiteOn SHW-1635S DVDR
LiteOn 52x CDROM
Aspire AS500 Dual 12v PSU
Western Digital WD400 40GB IDE HDD (Temp while saving for dual 76GB Raptors)

Demonian

Err my bad. Forgot to attach the images...

Attachments

• Error1.JPG
    Error1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 589
  • Sys_Info.JPG
    Sys_Info.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 584