1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Known serious issue with AtiTool

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Fu3lman, May 26, 2006.

1. Fu3lman New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/archive/index.php/t-5053.html

the issue in a nutshell is intermittent, random, annoying pauses in keyboard/mouse that resemble network lag, but arent, they happen on singleplayer games as well as multiplayer...

the solution to my problem was the exact same as those proposed on that forum thread, just disable the temperature monitoring function of ATI Tool, not a single solitary problem since...

not exactly sure why ATITool would be doing this, and i wouldnt believe it had i not experienced the problem for myself...

love ATITool btw, thanks for making it!

EDIT: and just for clarification, my system is an Opteron 144 @ 2.0ghz, 2gb pc 3200 DDR, Radeon X850XT PCI-E, XP SP2 with no virus/spyware...nothing but the essential services running in the bg other than Trillian and ATITool...and the problem manifested itself in ALL 3D GAMES, regardless of their complexity, everything from the original Quake(D3DQuake) to HL2, COD2, Quake4, and Battlefield 2...
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    That would be because the CPU and GPU have to process the command "hey X850XT, what temperature are you running at?", causing temporary system lag as the X850XT tells ATI tool exactly what temperature it's running at. I just disable that usually anyways, it's no good except for benchmarking/testing/making sure your fan isn't dead :p.