1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kreij Tribute Funk Phenomenon Boom Bombastic Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jul 12, 2014.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I TheMailman78 esquire promised Kreij that in the case of his passing I would continue some of his generosity in a random giveaway. I also promised him I wouldn't get banned in doing so.....I'm gonna try on both accounts as a man is only as good as his word. Problem is I tend to act like a jerk off and drunk post far to much. If you love me or hate me, this giveaway is going to be designed for you to take out all of your aggression on me OR say something nice about an epic man.....READ ON!

Some of you may know Kreij as the cool moderator on TPU and the occasional writer on NextPowerUp. What many people didn't know about him was he had a reason for doing the random giveaways. Well it was simple, he had some disposable income and years ago his loving wife and him lost a son in a tragic accident. Kreij and his son were gamers and the giveaways he did on TPU were to be for his son. However since Kreij was unable to give him anything more in life he would shower strangers with the gifts he intended for his only son. Sad yes. Kreij was a strong man in life so in his honor its time to end this cupcake party and put on our big boy pants. Lets get to the rules and prizes. Kreij wouldn't want a bunch of sobbing nerds talking about him.

Ok the rules are going to be broke off into sections. All TPU rules must be followed. Break a forum rule and face the wrath of a thousand pre-pubescent homophobic squirrels or as the guidelines state "Forum Moderators". If you get busted for being an ass don't blame me that the better half of you ran down your mamas leg. "Moderators" are also welcome to join in the giveaway as I think Kreij would have liked that.
    The prizes have been dedicated by me (only one) and the rest a mysterious fellow the ladies call "Backdoor Man" for some reason. You must have a steam account and rules are subject to change as I may sober up.

1. Say something nice about Kreij. Something nice he did for you here on the forums. You have to be a member for at least a year for this prize. The winner of this will be chosen from some random generator site that will be sure to infect my rig with a virus:

Prizes:
    Tomb Raider GOTY
    Titan Quest Gold
    Skyrim Legendary Edition
    Borderlands 2 GOTY

2. Write a haiku about Kreij or how much Cancer sucks. There will be three winners, one game per person chosen by the mysterious "Backdoor Man" as I don't even know WTF a haiku is. I'm thinking its something like "Uncle Kreij was a good ole man, he jumped through the window with his...SOMETHING in his hand."

Prizes:
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent

3. Join the TPU Crunching or Folding team for at least one week. Winner will be picked by a random generator site and if you lie Ill find out and the karma that will ensue will be unprecedented.

Prizes:
    Psychonauts
    Battleblock Theater
    3DMark (2013)

4. Insult me. TheMailman78. Stay within forum rules but have at it. Make fun of my gaming skills, drinking, nationality...whatever. Just stay away from family. They already have to deal with me everyday. Why make fun of them? Ill pick the winner of the insult that makes me laugh the loudest. Be warned its TOUGH to insult me with something I haven't heard before. Power hungry wannabe rent-a-cops aka "Forum Moderators" are especially welcome to enter on this one.

Prizes:
    The OddBoxx
    Goat Simulator

All entries must specify what prize section they are going for and only one entry per section. This is not, I repeat NOT an official TPU giveaway. This is just a few members that want to keep their word and give back to a community that gave a dying man something to do that he enjoyed. No thanks are needed nor wanted.
    Drawings will be held on the 18th.

Enjoy and have fun sissies.

FYI here is the folding info....

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    I'm out for the prizes because I intend to break the rules of your contest right now....

4. Insult me. How am I doing it? I'm giving you the first comment that Kreij gave me on this forum:

You're a good egg, @TheMailMan78 . :toast:
    Thank you.

Link:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...unching-folding-rig-help.160831/#post-2551447

There it's done, a complement rather than an insult, I meant it and ain't taking it back... I accept whatever wrath you wish to unleash upon me :p

Seriously though, I usually don't game much and I don't enter these that often so I'm posting to thank you for sharing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Ahhzz, Tatty_One, stinger608 and 2 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I too am out of the running for the prizes but well we love you mailman and thank-you for the great giveaway buddy :toast: Okay since i got the flattery bullshit out of the way, come on people enter and win some good shit in memory of a great person.

Thanks again mailman :toast:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    FALSE!

I virtually beat you with with a virtual hammer for free! If anyone offers me a job with the payment of giving you daily floggings they are overpaying me.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

i live within visual range of the local post office, yet my mail is delivered at 3pm.
    you're worse at delivering mail, than i am at being a moderator.

digibucc says thanks.
  6. 64K

Thanks Received:
    lmao.

I'm not entering but thank you for the giveaway TheMailman78. You're good people.

7. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for an awesome and innovative giveaway @TheMailMan78 ! Not entering, since I've got nearly all of the games. I just wanted to urge people to enter in at least one category.

8. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    not going to enter but ty for the chance @TheMailMan78
    Another epic giveaway !!! love this community :lovetpu:

Bump Bump Bump! :respect:

9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Even if you have the games I urge people to enter. You can win the games and re-gift them to other people who don't. I probably should have mentioned that in the OP. So just have fun and enter.

10. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I'll partake in memory of kriej. And next week ill fold for a week in his honour (elecy bill stops me folding normally)
    But that's not the prize im after as id miss out mocking Mm and hell I don't get to often.

So to mocking Mm.
    You sir are a donkey touching, limp wristed nincompoop with the gameing skills of a half dead herring and the mind of a warlnut.
    I kept it swear free at least :), and Mm your a star really don't bite.

patrico and Mindweaver say thanks.
  11. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    I'm not entering, as I've entered a few lately and don't want to be greedy, but I did want to say thank you. This is a giveaway Kreij would have loved.
    Thank you @TheMailMan78 for the giveaway, thank you "backdoor man," and thank you to everybody posting in this thread(whether you're entering or not). Just another example of Kreij bringing out the best in the forum, even after his passing.

stinger608 says thanks.
  12. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Well I guess I will jump in.

First of all, I laughed my ass off a little bit ago reading the original post! :laugh: Mailman, you never cease to amaze me with your witty comments and shit giving in these forums. This forum would be at a loss if you left, that is for sure!!!

Now, on to the contest entering:

1. Say something nice about Kreij

I spent many times talking to Dean about many different things. One that I remember most was the loss of his son! He dearly dearly missed him.........Not any more, as Dean is with him now.
    Oh man, this just saddens me so much its beyond words. Dean was such an awesome person. Hell, I was suppose to try and make it out to see him this year some time. Offered me a place to stay and we were going to go to dinner and hang out.
    I used to just laugh my ass off when he did give away's! Some of them were so funny at times, and some of the members responses were just hilarious.
    I will and do miss Dean very dearly! There will never be another member quite like my friend Dean!:oops:

Mindweaver says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome so far! Remember you can enter multiple times. Just once per prize section. Basically for those crappy at math you can enter 4 times if you have been here a year and 3 times if you are a noob.

14. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    TheMailman78, :rockout::clap::peace::toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    1. Uncle K was a good man, the kind we grow up here in the Mid-West. He had the sense to laugh at himself despite the tragedy. He offered advice in a uniquely Uncle K way, often with a sly sense of humor. Or, a blatantly open, back handed ninja-slap. He will be missed, by all. The common consciousness, lost a good one!!

2. My Mom died in aught.
    Cancer hurt my family,
    and a lot of us.

3. I'm a Cruncher, my Badge don't lie!

4. You are a piss-drunk mess, a biased fool and often, and a gregarious and perpetual stain on humanity! However, as can be clearly seen, often the most unlearned and vulgar can be the most loyal. Uncle K's superior intellect made good use of you. If I can be anything close to proud of you, this giveaway is it.

;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    everybody on TPU are very helpful. make a thread about any problem and help will come in an instant, with mods also being involved in helping you out. this is what makes TPU special for me.
    Will Miss MR. Kreij.
    Thank you TPU for helping me out all these years :).

Arjai says thanks.
  17. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    *cough* I hear some goats might be entering this contest *cough*

18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Not an entry or anything, just paying respects to a great guy. He was a neighbor (Wisconsinite to my Minnesotan). He had joked a few times about coming down, having some beers and relaxing when he found out I was just next door (and I'm sure he wouldn't have had a problem sticking to those words). Great guy, will be sorely missed, even in a community of people who mostly never met him (and that says a lot).

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Taco AKA "Sir B. Fannybottom" has now throw his hat into the prize ring. I have added it to section 4. Leave it to Taco to bring a goat to a keg party.

WE NEED MORE ENTRIES!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  20. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    I didn't know Kreij, so I cannot say anything he did for me. I will however in my donations to pediatric cancer will do so in his name.

Here is my haiku:

Darkness from within
    sucking souls without regard
    be cured and extinct

21. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    To throw in on the insult: The IRS would lose less letters than the post office :p (Don't really know you all that much or I'd throw something in about being a soul sucking troglodyte or something of the sorts!)

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You insulted me more by double posting. Honestly I thought TPU would be better with the insults being a bunch of pent up sexually deprived nerds.

Random Murderer says thanks.
  23. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    I'm happily married and am I mixture of nerd and meathead--- If I knew you in person the insults would be abound with awesomely high low blows... :-D Sorry for the double post, I should have edited it my bad

24. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Please. You don't even have the sense god gave chestnuts, and they don't even have the sense to be in the right place!

*sigh* What is the world coming to... have to thank the mail man for posting... a giveaway.... in the spirit of Special K... Ragnarok is nigh.....

Thanks. TMM.. No insult here either... You can tell the quality of a man by the company he keeps, or something like that... . I don't think you can have any higher compliment than to look at the fact that Special K associated with you. He didn't save the world (that we know of ;) ), and most of us only know him by the small circle of our lives here that he intercepted. But the simple fact is, he was a good man. I try not to judge a persons' belief system, or lack thereof, but simply ask "Did you try to make someone's life better today? Did you look back at today, and see where you yourself might improve?" K did those things. Often. That makes him a good man in my eyes. Thanks again, to you, and to K.

stinger608, Random Murderer and Norton say thanks.
  25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Your gay.. how is that for insulting :)

Crunching for Team TPU