• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Limiting clock speed to reduce heating

System Name Hp bs 15
Processor Intel i5- 7200U 2.5Ghz (2 Core, 4 Threads)
Motherboard -
Cooling Stock
Memory 8 GB DDr4
Video Card(s) Intel HD 620 , Radeon R5 M330
Storage 1 TB HDD, 240GB SATA SSD
Display(s) 15.6"
Case -
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply -
Mouse Logitech G102
Keyboard Cosmic Byte CB GK 16 Blue mechanical switches
Software Windows 10
I have an Acer nitro V, i7 12650H and 3070ti laptop. But unfortunately almost all the options are locked for me.

I've seen a few YouTube videos where they set turbo power limit, in there they set long power PL1 to 35 with clamp and PL2 to 35 without clamp. Idk much about this, so anyone has any idea if it'll help reduce temps?

I tried disabling turbo but that gives a huge fps drop in valorant, so i was looking for something better than the non turbo clock but lesser than the turbo clock

Processor AMD RYZEN 5 2600X | OC 4,10 GHz
Memory 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Titan X Pascal
Audio Device(s) DENON AH-D5200
Software Arch Linux | PopOS | Windows Tri Boot
Benchmark Scores https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4290304 | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3968741
What Software did you use to disable the turboclock? You can use Throttlestop to set the cpu to a certain max speed across all cores. For example 4 GHZ.

By not constantly running at maximum boost, it operates at a lower temperature, resulting in reduced heat generation. This leads to a more consistent performance, although there might be a slight or significant decrease (depending on the CPU). Nevertheless, overall stability is improved and the hit in performance is not as bad as disabling turbo all together. Find a balance that fits your needs.

By the way. Do you happen to be familiar with the program throttlestop?