1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

looking for 5.1

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GJM0107, Jul 5, 2009.

1. GJM0107 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heya guyz,

A while ago I started a topic about some high quality 2.0 speakers for my new desktop but I decided (I'm a movie-freak :p) that I needed a decet 5.1 set. Any sugestions like the G51 or it's more expensive Z5500-brother, I don't want to blow alot of money on computer-speakers. So put in your 2 cent :cool:
  2. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you are a real movie freak buy a hometheatre system, if you are a fake one you'll be happy with computer speakers. The Z-5500s are decent, but are old as hell, its probably like the longest line of computer speaker product that is still in mass production, I'm suprised Logitech haven't shelfed it already. For whatever reason they are still over priced, ah well it does the job I suppose to a reasonable standard.

As for the G51, they make me want to vomit.
  3. fafa21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have the g51 there not that good deff not good for 5.1 cus there is something weird going on the back speakers make weird noises it's weird just don’t get them ik there cheap but you will regret it. i was looking at this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115198 it's a really good deal and if you have a toslink hook up on your comp or els it wont work i think.
    GJM0107 says thanks.
  4. GJM0107 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK let's tune it down a bit, I'm just somebody who likes a to watch a movie on a regular basis ;)

My home cinema set well is uhm at home... I'm looking for a nice setup to match my computer which is at my study place, so I'm looking for a nice consumer mainstream, not the ultimate audiophile setup.

Thnx looking at it now ;)
  5. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    GJM0107,

fafa21 has pointed you to a "home theatre in a box" he is on to the right idea, you'd be better off with it than the Z-5500 or a computer speaker set up in terms of the inputs, outputs, features, and calibrations etc. Although the speakers that come with them are usually weak they can be replaced with bookshelf speakers at a later date.

If your budget allows I'd also look into a standalone receiver and bookshelfshelf speakers as an alternative, otherwise the home theatre in the box suggestion is your best bet.

Edit:

In that case the Z-5500 is what you want :)

PS. No thank you for me? :wtf:
  6. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nothing beats a home theater system.. If you're going to spend that much money on the Z5500, might as well get a home theater system.. The only problem is finding a way to hook it up to a computer.

Every logitech speakers I've seen and owned, do not have tweeters. The 5.1 I own is made by logitech, and has 10 mids.. lol. Not sure what they were thinking.

Even the Sony 2 speakers system that came with my 2003 Vaio desktop sounds better then this X-530.
  7. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    I made a cable to hook up my receiver to my computer out of a headphone jack and 2 RCA cables. I use it now to hook up my car amp to my JVC house sub. Sounds better now than it did with its own amp lol.
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah was thinking some thing like that.. Maybe the ONKYO one but i got mine about 4 year ago for $225 and only could see them for $300+.. :(

Also thought he would not want to spend that much. And don't like computer speakers at all think there all pretty crappy..

Z-5500 LMAO they know were they can put that lol.. Mayas well get a real setup were you can plug in much more stuff in to.
  9. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    5.1 is WAY WAY To much troulbe. unless, you got the room. even at that, its a lot of trouble as the setup proccess is a pain.

in all honesty, i suggest getting some low end studio speakers and a woofer

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=173

check out that
  10. GJM0107 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sry :laugh: thnx Darran