1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

looking for help with a pair of 7800GTX's

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by MGrant1957, Nov 1, 2007.

1. MGrant1957 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a pair of BFG 7800 GTX 256 OC's and want to water cool them. I bought a pair of blocks from DD made for SLI but they only cool the GPU and the bottom RAM chips. does anyone here know how I can water the RAM on the TOP of the cards? or find waterblocks that are made for the purpose? any help would be most helpfull. thanks.

2. Richieb0y

Richieb0y New Member

Thanks Received:
    mabye ram sinks i dont know about water cooling

3. von kain New Member

Thanks Received:
    i thing most of water blocks are just for the gpu on the memory you can put simple coolers . i haven't heard any thing about gpu ram water block ..you can always search net though

4. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Just grab some ramsinks mate.. Swiftech make some nice ones and they aren't all that expensive...

The only thing to remember when using them is:

The ramsinks are held on usually by an adhesive thermal tape.. Make sure when you remove the original cooler that you clean the ram chips with alcohol or some thing similar. The reason behind this is that most of the thermal pads that manufacturers use on the ram chips leave a greasy layer on the chips and the new ramsinks will fall off, potentially damaging your card or other components...

Just an FYI for ya...