1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Low FPS in BF3 in 3D Vision with GTX570 SLI

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Badelhas, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a good rig, 2500K OCed to 4.3Ghz, 8Gb Ram, gtx570 in SLI OCed. I play my games in 3D Vision on a 1280x720 resolution Benq W700 Projector. With such low resolution I should be with 60Fps per eye all the time, right? I have 30Fps in BF3, when I am in big maps, in the open. Shouldnt I be getting more?

Cheers,
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    theres alot of draw distance and more detail to large maps
  3. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    So this is normal and has nothing to do with resolution? Is it a Game Engine Cap? I dont get it. I should mention I get P10750 3DMark 11 points in Performance Mode.
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    another thing to try is back the clocks to factory speeds when you got it, ensure the machine is clean and dust free too
  5. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Are you using afterburner to OC the cards? If so, game for a bit and see what happens to the clock/memory speed when the FPS gets too low. Like mentioned above see what kind temperatures you get while gaming since that might be the reason for down clocking if its doing so. Also the SLI should be capping that vsync 60 fps on 3D mode with such a low resolution. Have you tried what kind of results you get without 3D vision on?
  6. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for our replies, guys.
    I´m using afertburner but the temps are fine. It just happens sometimes, when I am outside in big 64 players maps from the expansion "Back to Karkand". Inside the buildings I get the 60 frames that I should. Could it be because of the number of players? I am going to try benchmark it with 3D Vison off, like you sugested.
  7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Fi your projector is 60 FPS your 3D framerate will be half that if I am correct.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  8. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    My projectors is 3d vision ready and does 120hz: 120fps (60 per eye)
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    What settings do you use? How's the frames when you run without 3D?
  10. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    What about the clock speeds? Do they stay consistant through out the game play or do they jump up and down alot? Do you have the latest drivers and profiles for sli/3d
  11. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I still didnt have the time to test it without 3D Vision on, will try to do it tonight.
    Tell me, did any of you buy the "Back to Karkand" BF3 expansion and plays the big 64 persons maps in 3D Vision? If so, whats your rig and framerate when you are in the outside?
    I was reading some threads in 3D Vision Blog Forums and guys with even better rigs than mine are having the same problem as myself...starting to thing it is not my problem...
    Regarding the driver I am still using the 285 driver because the last 2 broke my 3D in movies. Did not try the 301 beta lauched yesterday yet, I am afraid the same will happen.

Cheers,
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  12. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, too slow in 3dvision. I dont have SLi system though. I dont turn it on in BF3 anyways.. some graphical glitches here and there. Plus I need all the framerates I can get for competitive multiplayer (lol im playing in SEA region.. japanese, chinese, and koreans are very asian level in BF3).
  13. Badelhas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont see any glitches in BF3, everything is perfect, you just have to create a .cfg file with the 3D Command Settings so that the convergence and separation level are perfect and you dont have to set it everytime you enter the game.
    What do you mean "very asian level" ;) ?

Cheers