• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lower resolutions stretched in Windows 10 regardless of scaling method (Mostly solved)

I have a 1920x1200 monitor but I like to play Dota at 1920x1080 for the extra FOV. If I set Dota to 1080, it just stretches it to 1200. If I set Windows to 1080, it letterboxes Windows to 1200 and stretches to 1200 in the game. The only way I can get it to properly display 1080 is if I set it in the Nvidia Control Panel every time I want to play. I have tried all of the scaling options in NVCPL but none of them have helped. My monitor is receiving a 1920x1200 signal so its scaling options are useless. This was never a problem in Windows 7.

Help? Some registry setting maybe?

Edit: Well, I switched Dota back to DX9 mode and it seems to work fine then. A bug in Dota's DX11 mode, I guess. It still is outputting a 1200 signal but it's functionally 1080. It would be nice if it properly followed the selected scaling mode in NVCPL but I'm fine with how it is.

Issue 2: I am having a problem with my hard drives head parking incredibly often though. I use a HDD for Firefox's cache and it's constantly having to wait for the drive. This also wasn't an issue with Windows 7. Anyone got anything for that? I've set the power option to never turn off hard drives. Other than that I don't know what to do.

Last edited: