1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games' started by digibucc, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Unsubbed from thread,i wont hurt your ea lovin anymore ok.

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Post all you like friend. If you want start a dedicated thread for MoH do it. Kurgan did the same thing with BC2 when I had already started a clubhouse. I don't mind at all. Just be sure to keep it updated like Kurgan did and give credit when due. Ill post any info I find in it also.

This makes it easy for me, you and the mods. :toast:

1Kurgan1 and digibucc say thanks.
  3. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    If you want to be in on the Beta on the first possible day (the 17th), two possible ways I heard about:

First off, you have to own BFBC2, console version with VIP code registered with EA, or PC version having registered on EA and played online.

Second, either pre-order MOH from the EA store, where they will send your beta code almost immediately on your receipt, or having bought BFBC2 on Steam, pre-order MOH on Steam.

AFAIK, all other vendors will not be sending out beta keys until the 18 at the earliest. Some say they will not send out beta keys until the 21st.

According to the Medal of Honor web site, the vendors said to be participating in the beta are: EA Store, GameStop, Amazon, Impulse, GamersGate, Steam, Gametap, and Direct 2 Drive.

That list does not include Play, which first leaked news of the beta, so maybe that list is not complete?

4. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Some of the nuts and bolts of Multiplayer in MOH.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1097378p1.html

Video Interview on Mutiplayer in MOH with Patrick Lui of DICE. (aka Pottan on Twitter)

He mentions here that destruction in multiplayer will be "limited".

TRIPTEX_CAN and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  5. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    MOH BETA [​IMG]

So... who here has actually pre-ordered yet? I did.

If you own BC2 on Steam and pre-order MOH there as well you are entitled to the beta on the 17th.

I just hope voip support is better here than BC2 so I can communicate more.

6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah ive pred and got my key - can't register it until the 17th so no verify until then - but it says it's a beta key so i trust it :)

7. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Did you get it from the EA store or somewhere else?

I just used steam because I know it's easy to cancel if I need to.

8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I got it off impulse actually. first thing yesterday morning it wasn't yet on steam... I am assuming it will be as easy or easier to return with impulse (if necessary)... however if not lesson learned.

either way i will start refreshing the code entry page at midnight :)

I will be updating with screens and prolly vids of beta after it goes live

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  9. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I guess that page is unnecessary for steam versions. Hopefully the portal you're using has their HTTP servers ready to handle the load. I imagine Steam will be a little slow tomorrow.

digibucc says thanks.
  10. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i dont mean to threadcrap, but i am not paying 59.99 for a pc game anymore. MW2 just pissed me off the entire time i played it :laugh:

odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I don't see the logic of why I have to pay them to beta test a probable buggy game. Betas are in my eyes never designed to be paid for. And at $59.99 some are really not seeing this for what it is. Specially if you think people should pay early for access to a beta. Another thing is that you have to look at how well they did with BC2. We are still waiting for a patch to fix most (not all) of the problems with the game. I'm not talking well beta tested problems, I'm talking about programing 101 problems:
    -VOIP not working
    -can only see 6 servers at a time in favorites/history
    -hit registration not working as it should
    -etc
    When you have overwhelming evidence that suggest that we should hold off 1st why should we dedicate threads to this game? Are we really that desperate for a new PC game that we throw caution to the wind?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  12. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!11

13. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    heh. i did the dedicated server thing with BC2 and it was a shit storm of complaints since EA/DICE simply were not ready to handle the volume of players and bugs in the code.

as i get older it just seems to make more sense to wait 6 months after a game drops to buy it. first, the company has all the bugs worked out. second, you dont have to spend a ton of cash on new hardware to play the game. :pimp:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    @ eastcoast- In my opinion I'm not really paying to play this beta. Sure I ponied up the cash to get access but at any given moment I can cancel the order and be on my way having spent nothing. $59.99 US is too much for the average PC game but with the rate I grow tired of games I'll probably get my fill from the beta alone.

There is a good chance the game will be buggy and it also might have horrible gameplay but at least everyone will know based on our feedback.

You might think the game is a waste of time and that's the opinion you're entitled to.. just like this discussion thread is our entitlement. :)

digibucc says thanks.
  15. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I was pretty stoked to hear this game was coming out, but I can't bring myself to shell out $60 for it. I'll probably wait for some reviews and for a sale on Steam.

16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I hate the fact that prices are going up to $60 - on EA games.

I want to play those games anyway. So it'll either be $60 for a pc game or $60 for a console game. if it's a shooter i'll get it for pc. I won't pirate it. I want to play it. it costs money. but i want to play it - and i won't pirate it. so i buy it.

it's what i do. i buy games, i play them. it's fun. I don't do it for the fiscal and economic stability it affords me.... i do it because i like video games:)

DannibusX says thanks.
  17. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't dissin' ya for paying 60 bucks for it, I just felt burned from MW2. I've spent a lot of money on hardware and games in the last few months. If I was that into playing this specific game, I'd be able to separate myself from my cash pretty quickly.

I got a serious backlog on games anyways, I just beat Half-Life 2 for the first time this week and just started Ep1.

digibucc says thanks.
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i probably got a little touchy - as truthfully it does feel stupid to pay full price + $10 for a game... but I did it so now i have to defend it :)

jk - as trip said, if it turns out bad a refund is possible with pres :)

19. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion but, at the same time we have to see it for what it is. This game won't be release until Fall of 2010. Tomorrow you will pre-pay for it and in return you will help them beta test it, all at your cost of $50 + $10. I really don't see why one would need to "cancel the order" if one's mind is already made up. And, obtaining a refund will all depend on the merchant because you are getting access to the game. After going through all the hassle to me it isn't worth it.

You could simply believe that you are not charge until the game is shipped throwing caution to the wind. However, keep in mind that some did that for BC2 and some found out that you couldn't get a refund because of the beta.

There are plenty of games coming out for the PC and really don't see the need to pre-pay to be invited to beta testing at $50 + $10 for the trouble. For example, APB which offers a free beta. Regardless if you like that game or not.

So in the end, perhaps one could cancel the order if they are fortunate enough to do so. But if one does it would suggest to me that it should have never been purchased to begin with. For example, after the Gulf Coast issue would you trust BP to drill for more oil there? If not, why are you giving them another chance "at your cost" when the same thing applies? IE: Fool me once shame on you...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Sorry - you lost me right there - I wont be buying into another 'MW2'

21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I do see your points however I did order through Steam and Steam will refund my purchase if I ask them to. I have friends who pre-ordered and played the BC2 beta though Steam. Due to connection issues and general dislike for the game they were refunded.

I agree that having the beta with free access would be better at the same time having pre-order beta only does limit the beta to those who actually want to play and test the game vs those who simply want another game to pwn.

22. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If that's true then it was only a select few. I recall a few who wanted their money back and didn't get it.

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    digibucc says thanks.
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I remember a few who waited until the day of or after beta was over, and asked for money back. that was ingenuous and they didn't deserve it. i'll need 15 minutes to know whether i want to stick with my purchase or not - if not i will return and uninstall immediately...as i did with sto.

damn it! i can't register yet!

25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Another interview with Patrick Liu. Interestingly, in this one he mentions MOH will have a "much greater variety of game modes" than BFBC2 (@ 1:10), which has 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGudUD47IKQ

Maybe all is not known, and there is something interesting to look forward to.