1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mesh Panel for modding.

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by crinagerulz, May 25, 2008.

1. crinagerulz

crinagerulz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

Basically i am planning on creating a mesh panel to cover the remaining CD drives on my case and then screwing into it a 120mm fan. So ive recently been trying to get my hands on some aluminium black mesh, but i am having some servere trouble finding some on Uk websites. I was just wondering for any of you modders out there in the UK or maybe if you genuinly know a good website for the mesh, where can i buy it from??

and yes before you say i have googlerd it ^^ and i just get out of stock Ac Ryan mesh or some company mesh lol.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated thankyou

James
  2. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    mnpctech.com

Bill ships internationally and has stocks of both circular mesh and honey comb...

great site and person!
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  4. crinagerulz

crinagerulz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thankyou for your suggestions, i have a question though, would the honeycomb/hex mesh be suitable for my purpose, i was wondering would i be able to simply screw on the fan case like normal(obviously with rubber mounts etc), or would i need to buy different types of screws for the mounting process.

Also i was more hoping to buy from england/UK to avoid international shipping times and custom holding times etc, but thankyou for you ideas.
  5. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    you won't be able to just screw a fan in on either mesh... (from my experience)

you could just use double sided tape (tape of the gods) to hold the fan on though