1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Oct 15, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

2. ooiman92

Thanks Received:
    Isn't this the same keyboard that came with the EEE Slate?

3. Octavean

Thanks Received:
    If not it sure looks like it,...

I hear it had sync issues but I wouldnt know since I never used it with my unit.