1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MKMods Tribute Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cheesy999, Apr 18, 2011.

?

Who Should build the PC

1. Israar - Founder of this plan

18.0%
  2. NdMk2o1o - Geographically convenient

66.0%
  3. Note this is public - so we will know who voted for who - Please don't vote for this

28.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Thats where i did see it, to be fair i dont normally pay atention to sigs :)

But yea i never new him personaly but he always offered advice, a very respected person, very sad news :(

Israar and qubit say thanks.
  2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So guys I had some friends over on the weekend, among them were Jay and Nicole the couple who I have told you about who the rig was intended for. Anyway I took a short video of the moment I handed it over and Nicole is going to p[op over to this thread at some point and write a thank you message.

Big thanks to all those who donated something and to those who contributed to this thread, truly awesome. And sorry for the delays people some couldnt bve helped and others was literally just to lack of time and arranging to go and deliver the rig or for when they were next at mine to give it to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9QDqSbF5dg

theJesus, KieX, Sasqui and 4 others say thanks.
  3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    lol

gumpty and Israar say thanks.
  4. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    NdMk2o1o -- I am so chuffed with that video mate! That put a huge smile on my fave with their reaction, especially Jays when all he could do was laugh :)

I'm really hyped at the moment, it's amazing I get a right good buzz when people are shocked like that when you know you've been apart of the helping hand! :)

I can't get over their reactions though, it was brilliant mate! They wasn't expecting that bombshell one bit! Rock on! :rockout:

It'll be nice to hear from them though mate, as you stated they will pop on over here at some point, so will be nice to see what they think themselves! :)

As for everyone else who has participated and helped out even in the smallest of ways, I thank you all so very much for the fact you all helped out to make both mine and scaminatrix's sketched idea to fruition! Just goes to show that when I said aeons back that TPU is the worlds best community in this world!

Off topic now though, thanks for letting them all know I hadn't upped and done one scaminatrix mate, we're all setup and in the new house now but a lot to get sorted, I'm just glad the nets here now so I can give myself my daily fix of TPU! :roll:

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate all the kindness and effort put in by everyone and I am going to say I bet Jay and Nicole feel the same if not more! :)

--Lee

(FIH) The Don, KieX, qubit and 2 others say thanks.
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I better delete my previous comment, Jay looks like he could bench press me into tomorrow

6. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    doesn't matter, Bo$$ quoted it :laugh:

Israar says thanks.
  7. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Hahaha, someone was going to say it, just happened to be you ;)

--Lee

8. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Oh man what a buzz! I watched the video without any sound, and you can tell the moment you said it's theirs - Their faces were like :eek:

Joe and Nicole - hope you enjoy your new rig - you're faces made it even more worthwhile :)

Thanks everyone :toast:

Oh, and nice work NdMk, pulled it off nicely ;) Well done mate :toast:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    Israar, qubit and phill say thanks.
  9. phill

Thanks Received:
    If there's anything else thats required, I've got a few things for sale, so if I can help out I will send things on!! :)

Israar, scaminatrix and qubit say thanks.
  10. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! :rockout::rockout:

What a fantastic team effort by all of us and a great show of kindness to those less fortunate. This is the power of TPU.

CONGRATS EVERYONE!​

:toast::toast::toast::toast:

Israar, Goodwins, KieX and 2 others say thanks.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I thought it was the power of jebus??

theJesus and Goodwins say thanks.
  12. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about the vid, was taken on my phone. But they were really really chuffed and more so surprised as they hadn't got a clue even though the have seen the box before but I always have computer boxes laying about so they wouldnt have thought anything about it.

All in all what a great team effort guys, you all should be proud. :toast:

Israar, Goodwins, KieX and 2 others say thanks.
  13. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    If pride's a sin, unfortunately I'm guilty :eek: I'm certainly proud to be able to give back to the community, as Mark did. And doing it in someone's name makes it last forever. Every time I think of this; I don't just think of the contributions and donaters, I think of Mark - and that's what it's all about.

In memory.

stinger608, Israar, Goodwins and 2 others say thanks.
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Pitty that Nicole and jay will never really know what Mark ment to the TPU community other then he was a popular guy on the forum and everyone loved him.

Donating a PC is just one small act (even though i did donate the mobo and the cooler)

If it was possible i would like to set up some sort of charity in marks name. taking old or trashed PCs fixing them up and giving them to schools and such that really need computers.

I know such schemes are already in place, I think Tesco or Sainsburys runs a vouchers for computers scheme once or twice a year.

the difference is we wouldnt be on once or twice a year. we'd be on the job all year round trying to change peoples futures. and that opens the doors wider and eventually we can incorporate training schemes and what not.

make sure the world knows who mark is and what a great man he was

Israar, Goodwins, qubit and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. Goodwins New Member

Thanks Received:
    To the TPU Community WE Salute You!!!

We had no idea when being videoing exactly why, maybe that the creme pies were hiding in the back somewhere at first. :)

Having read all of your threads we can't thank you enough for the generosity of you all. We realize its in memory of a special person that's close to you and all though we never knew Mark you paint a clear picture of his personality and Character and the only explanation is that God must have needed an Angel.

The plumbing course Jay is currently studying, demands quite a lot of computer space that the last computer would not have been able to handle, we did not fully take on board just how little space we had and upgrading wasn't an option due to financial situations, so we were starting to loose sleep.

A thousand and one reasons we have for how amazingly awesome this is, we just really wanna say thank you to you all for the thought, time and effort taken to make our lives immensely easier. :toast::roll::D

:respect: Jay and Nicole :respect:

16. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome. :toast: I'm really glad to have helped - the Windows donation was my fault, hehe. :)

Now you have every reason to stick around on the best tech forum on the net! ;) :D

You may also be interested in sister forum www.generalnonsense.net

phill says thanks.
  17. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Although I was not able to contribute to this, I am just glad I am part of such community. :respect:

Thank you all.

Israar and qubit say thanks.
  18. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Great to finally see this done, although I'll admit my neck does hurt a bit from watching that video :laugh:
    Congrats to the lucky couple who received the computer and great job to all who participated and everybody who makes this forum such an amazing community to be a part of.
    I sat this one out. TPU needs no divine intervention for awesomeness.

Israar says thanks.
  19. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    bump.