1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Modern Warfare 3 Sets Record for Biggest Entertainment Launch

Discussion in 'News' started by qubit, Nov 11, 2011.

1. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i didn't know recycled manure was worth 400 million dollars :p

In all seriousness tho, I dont get why a company as big as Activison feels the need to put out a game thats dated IMO (DX9 only) and reusues models and then boast about it all day long....
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Because it's already polished and there will be no problem meeting dead line or optimizing for consoles.
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Ya I see that, this shoddy practice has moved to WoW to since the merger......
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1.
    I feel in the middle, I traded some old tiresome games for MW3 strait trade.
    Compared to blackops, mw3 has a nice bit of multiplayer with perks and even more perks. I have to say mutliplayer customization is about 30-40% more then previous COD titles.

Single player, I have just beat 5 minutes before posting this, was decent to, I actually liked the intense 24/7 "your going to get your ass fucked up" gameplay. The end is always pretty nice, wonder if price dies :laugh:

I was trolling this game, considering it worthless, but as the next day I started up blackops and basically new I was bored to shit with it, so I moved on. Holidays are coming so I can
    restock on games :roll:.

Its an 7-8/10 for Regular COD players, just live with the run n gun for now, it has to change.
    8-9/10 for someone who has never touched COD which would be some young ones right now.

It was worth it to me, prob for the lack of cash exchange in getting it :laugh:
  5. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Why must everyone care about what you care? Why are they idiots for not caring about what you care? It's a game, so who the hell are you to call others idiots for having fun in a game you don't like?

/rant
    acerace and Fx say thanks.
  6. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    i agree.....i am actually liking it quite abit
  7. Fx

Fx

Thanks Received:
    +1

+1

I dont know why so many on here assume that everyone that enjoys the CoD series plays it on a console or even owns one for that matter then proceeds to bash CoD fans because it doesnt fit their taste

justify your satisfaction of BF all you want to make yourself feel better. I find it retarded that you have to make things as if they are love/hate between these two franchises

they are two different gameplay styles and I am glad I bought both
  8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I just cant see why people buy it year after year when it hardly changes. A map pack or DLC expansion would suffice.
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    But apparently there were MORE Skyrim players (peak) than MW3 Multiplayer and MW3 Single Player combined.

[​IMG]

Is that from Steam though? Well I guess that means only on the PC anyway.
  10. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    You do realize that would make it higher then BF3?
    I never seen BF3 reach a player count over 220k
  11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Well at least there are a lot of FM2012 players out there besides me. :laugh:
  12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking there must be so many brain dead people but sheep is pretty fitting lol.
  13. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, it's the Justin Bieber of the games world.
  14. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to buy it and then it was too bloody expensive. 53 EUR in a local retail shop and 59,99 EUR on Steam. Are they on crack? Maybe marijoana? It has to be something strong...
    I might pay 40 EUR for a new game but 50+ ? I'll pass till it gets below 40 EUR and since it will be very old by then, i'll wait till it's 20 EUR and then i'll buy.

First they'll brag about selling numbers and then complain over piracy. IT'S TOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE YOU WANKERS!
  15. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    So you'll play it in 2015, since MW2 just recently dipped below $60 on Steam. Activision is very strict with their pricing when it comes to PC (or even consoles) and their games pricing.
  16. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Then i'll never buy it and will instead invest into Skyrim when the local shop gets it. I bet it'll be below 40 EUR... (there were some problems with availability so they don't have it yet, we'll get some extra discount because of that probably). I wanted MW3 but i don't want it that badly...
  17. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    The number of sheep just keeps on rising.
  18. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  19. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Has anything changed? Is it the exact same graphics engine? Same texture mapping and everything? Has nothing improved? Just curious.
  20. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yes. The story changed. :laugh:

Yes. It even looks worse than MW2 and CoD 4 apparently. :laugh:

Yes. There was even a whole building re-used. :laugh:

Yes. Nothing improved. :laugh:
    SK-1 says thanks.
  21. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    wow, so disappointing and tragic ....
  22. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Buahah awesomely tragic and predictable, this is good news though, hopefully EA learns that competing with Steam is a no no. Half of my friends who are big BF fans didn't buy it because of Origin but in all seriousness I think Battlefield 3 sold the best it could without steam, it wasn't that the game had flaws here and there it was simply because of Origin. All in all CoD would have won sales even if Battlefield 3 was given out for half price that one is a no brainer as CoD just wins consoles.
  23. fullhd99 New Member

Thanks Received:
    COD MW3:The day-one sales for Call of Duty MW3 amounted to an estimated 6.5 million units sold in 24 hours and totaled $400 million in just two countries, the United States and the UK:eek:

BF3:EA only provided us with the one-week sales numbers for Battlefield 3. Those numbers amounted to 5 million copies sold in a week, and that’s worldwide.:banghead:

So, there you have it. BF3’s one-week worldwide sales were record-breaking for EA, but they weren’t even enough to match MW3’s day-one totals in two countries.:respect:

Call of Duty once again holds the top entertainment launch spot, as it has in 2009 (CoD MW2 )and 2010 (CoD Black Ops) :nutkick:
  24. Fx

Fx

Thanks Received:
    I understand the hate on consoles but apparently there is a lot of gaming snobs...
  25. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Because it takes brains to play BF3, yet only reflexes (or patience for camping) can get you by in CoD. Most of those who buy CoD are kids (or adults for kids), who are mostly in it for the adrenaline rush (Or the sake to annoy us real adult gamers :rolleyes:)

And please cut down a little bit on bold typing. It's giving me a headache.

Edit: I'm a CoD fan. Yet I too believe Activision should stop f*cking us all up, and make a decent game for once. Instead of recycling the same good ol' game.