1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mouse->Keyboard->Computer = more mouse lag?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by The_Ish, Aug 21, 2011.

1. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got my mouse connected to my keyboard, which in turn is connected to an usb port on the motherboard. I'm not having any problems or anything, I just wanted to know if this could cause lag (even if unnoticeable) in comparison to plugging it directly into the MB itself.
  2. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a strange setup and I am guessing that it is strange for a reason.

Never underestimate the impact that a dodgy mouse/mouse setup can have on your PC's gaming performance.

I played with a Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse for years without realising that its unsmooth shitty polling rate was causing a stuttering effect in my gaming.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Does the keyboard have separate usb plugs or only one ?
    My razer has a usb for the keyboard and a usb for the port where as my logitech has a single connection the drives a hub on the keyboard which sucks.
  4. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've the first Razer Lachesis (4k dpi 1k PR), and a G15 Logitech keyboard. The keyboard has two USB connectors, and I guess I put it there for no apparent reason other than for the sake of using it. I guess I could try. If anything, I'll blame my mouse pad which is from the jurassic period or something. A large qPad. it's about 1,5x1,5" or so. But over the years I've probably spilled more coffee than I want to know and greased it up with chilinuts and what not ^^ I just want to make it clear that I do clean it on occasion, but it's the same with sweat and skinncells on the mouse. Some of that stuff just doesn't come out. i've washed that Lachesis to the point where the rubber has started to come off :D

[​IMG]
  5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    The g15 keyboard has a 1.1 unpowered hub on it.
    i would plug the mouse into the mobo
    [​IMG]
    The_Ish says thanks.
  6. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, thx.

edit/ Not sure what USB version it's got though. It's pretty old. It's not the 5600 dpi I've got but the 4000 one. I think it was the first, or at least one of their first products.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011