1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mozilla Thunderbird 2 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 19, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mozilla Thunderbird 2 is now available for download on Windows, Mac and Linux in over 35 languages. Thunderbird 2 offers easy ways to manage and organize your email with message tags, advanced folder views, message history navigation, find as you type, and improved new mail alert notifications. Thunderbird 2 also includes a refreshed user interface and support for Microsoft Vista. Download it from here.

Source: Mozilla

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Hehe, you misspelled Mozilla in your source link.

But on a more serious note, anyone try this yet? I wasn't a big fan of 1.5, but if this is a lot better, I'll give it another go.

3. Dark Ride Mushkin Rep

Thanks Received:
    Fixed.

4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Mozilla is probably the best email client around, along with Eudora. 1.5 further enhanced its characteristics and ease of use. When I get home from work, I will definately update to this new version. Its also a great news feed reader.

5. overcast New Member

Thanks Received:
    My beef with all previous versions of Thunderbird was it's piss poor spam filtering. No matter how much you "taught" it, it still floundered. Supposedly this has some super updated filtering, we shall see.

6. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does Thunderbird work with Gmail?

7. yes it does, goolge "use gmail with thunderbird" and you'll have your answer, must convert gmail to pop from their website though, just follow the directions.