1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI 6970 fan curve

Discussion in 'RBE' started by rahlquist, Aug 1, 2012.

1. rahlquist New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey yall,

I have an MSI 6970 with the lamest fan curve imaginable. If I fire up a 3d burn in test or try to mine bitcoins the temp spikes quickly to 90deg yet the fan speed % stays at 26% for quite some time, eventually it will jump to 40 but by then its too late, a few seconds later the blasted thing reboots. Any suggestions as to what settings I should adjust in RBE to flash a curve that speeds up much faster? I have tried the Set Fan to All Reccomended Values and flashed that but still get this incredibly slow rampup.

2. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Or you could just use MSI Afterburner to set the fans to whatever speed you want since it is an MSI card after all.

3. rahlquist New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tried, works till card gets hot and cools back down then the fans never come up in speed again. Thats why I wanted to do it in bios

4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    So what your saying is you set the fan speed in Afterburner at 70 or something and once it has been going for awhile the fan speed goes back to the default settings?

5. rahlquist New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly set it for 77% if device cools down to say 67 or lower or the GPU load drops so it goes into Idle clock speeds and the load comes back the fan never spins up again.

6. rahlquist New Member

Thanks Received:
    Re installed drivers and After burner and its behaving for now but I would still like to have a better curve in the bios so I dont have to use extra software.

7. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Try using the Automatic fan control settings in MSI Afterburner it should be just what you are looking for without any bios editing needed.

8. uuuaaaaaa

Thanks Received: