1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI and SteelSeries Announce Partnership for the Preorder of Big Bang-Trinergy

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 2, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    MSI, a leading high-performance mainboard and graphics card producer, today announced preorder details for its latest gaming mainboard, Big Bang-Trinergy. Starting now, those who pre-order Big Bang-Trinergy from participating retailers will get a limited 8-year warranty and exclusive Big Bang messenger bag. In addition, SteelSeries KINZU and QcK+ gaming gears will be offered to those who pre-order, cooperating with the world's famous gaming company, SteelSeries. Gamers will experience the ultimate gaming machine when heading into battle.

"Big Bang is the state-of-the-art gaming series from MSI through long-standing development. We feel more than pleased to partner with such a professional gaming company, SteelSeries to introduce it to gaming community" said Jason Lee, MSI's Mainboard and Graphics Card Marketing Director. "We believe our close collaboration will open the door of delivering high-quality gaming experience to users."

[​IMG]

"We're excited to team up with MSI and offer gamers the opportunity to combine one of our newest gaming mice, SteelSeries Kinzu, and the award-winning QcK+ with the new Big Bang-Trinergy," said Kim Rom, SteelSeries Chief Marketing Officer. “SteelSeries partners with brands that share the same values when it comes to gaming and gear: develop products that meet the needs of professionals and at the end of the day, Winning is Everything."

For more event information, visit this page.

About Big Bang-Trinergy
    The latest Big Bang-Trinergy mainboard features the powerful NVIDIA nForce 200 chip, designed to support triple graphics cards within a single system. Featuring cutting-edge 100% hi-c Cap, it maximizes system performance and stability. It is also equipped with several MSI exclusive performance boost functions like OC Genie and OC Dashboard to give extreme gamers on-the-fly overclocking to optimize FPS. It is set to hit store shelves in early Dec.
  2. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    i call it BBT (Only viable for nvidia users?)
  3. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I suppose that since it's a P55 motherboard, it will be able to do Crossfire in 8x+8x configuration, but only Nvidia users will be able to use all the PCIe lanes (48 I believe?)
  4. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    No, even ATI cards can use x16 + x16 with an nForce 200 bridge in place. Maybe special features such as data broadcast doesn't work.
    Benetanegia says thanks.
  5. cauby

cauby New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow,limited 8 year warranty!!!!
    God,i don't even know if anybody uses the same motherboard for that long!
  6. Trigger911

Trigger911 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if you can sell the warranty with the mother board?
  7. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    Claim your warranty in the 8th year (year 2017). If you're lucky, they won't have any more of these in stock, and they'll give you a high-end motherboard of that time.
  8. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah, that's good to know, thanks.

2017? They should give you a second generation positronic brain, a Nexus 6 maid or a flying car/skateboard. I think that's what would be fair. :D
  9. extrasalty

Thanks Received:
    You'll be lucky if nVidia is still in business by then, so you can use SLI.:roll:
  10. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    That board is just sex. I might not even wait for hydra and get one of these instead.
  11. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    Logically, MSI is less likely to exist in 2017 than NVIDIA. So whenever you see the "MSI rumored to close down" news post, abandon ship claim your warranty, expecting whatever decent board.

I remember Polaris573 sent his not-so-exotic P35 motherboard since it decided to stop working, and got a nForce 780i board.
  12. ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Come on MSI, no one gives a rat's ass about trinergy, we want the one with Hydra!!
  13. extrasalty

Thanks Received:
    I can argue in great length about that statement. And I use both.
  14. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me to. Nvidia has loads more money....