• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Multi-Monitor Flicker back in 10.12

Bobington

It looks like 10.12 reintroduced the multi-monitor flickering that was fixed back in 10.5. Anyone got any idea if there's a workaround or am I stuck rolling back to 10.11?

:banghead:

Thatguy

check to make sure that the refresh rates are set properly.

Bobington

Double checked, it's the same pre 10.5 flickering bug, solution is to disable overdrive/overclocking until AMD decides to fix it.

Correct, the good news is that with the flicker the idle power draw drops about 25-40 watts depending on the card. . .

Seems like there should be a way to run multi monitors and still drop the memory speed. I know this issue also affects NVidia cards too though.

Bobington

Correct, the good news is that with the flicker the idle power draw drops about 25-40 watts depending on the card. . .

Seems like there should be a way to run multi monitors and still drop the memory speed. I know this issue also affects NVidia cards too though.

Nah Nvidia raises clocks on multi-monitor rigs to prevent flicker, something that AMD started doing in 10.5.

I guess they forgot to add it in for 10.12