• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mushkin Making a Comeback With Video Cards

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Do you even know who Mushkin is?

Yes , a manufacturer who produces “Enhanced” memory modules" basically solders Qimonda ram chips to a PCB .

I have Samsung and winbond "Enhanced" memory... :confused:

Last i checked, this asus:

Looked just like the reference cooler on this eVGA:

werez

if you read my first post ... that was my point .
and to quote myself : i`m tired .. everyday i see the same sh** "with different flavours "

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
and to quote myself : i`m tired .. everyday i see the same sh** "with different flavours "

Yes but you don't understand how these companies work, they offer the reference design because it's the cheapest solution. Normal consumers wouldn't pay more for the "same" card.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910

So asus is the same as every other company, yet you claim they're different?

You're funny :)

werez

So Mushkin comes on the market offering it`s cheapest solution in a wooden box? Yes i'm funny
Dippyskoodlez .

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
So Mushkin comes on the market offering it`s the cheapest solution in a wooden box? Yes i'm funny
Dippyskoodlez .

Yes, they did. The news post is about Mushkin returning to the GPU sales market. A wooden box is just cool.

werez

Ok , so in the end you pay the same amount of cash for a reference design card that comes in a wooden box , and they expect people to forget about EVGA`s , ASUS , PALIT`s reference cards and buy theirs . Now that is hell of a marketing plan , right there . I`ll sure go for Mushkin , and not for a cheaper Gainward GTX260 (custom design) , to own a wooden box . Thank you .

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 7
So Mushkin comes on the market offering it`s cheapest solution in a wooden box? Yes i'm funny
Dippyskoodlez .

The packaging is unique especially considering all of it's competitors use the usual cardboard with a plastic package holding the cards.

werez

Yes but you don't understand how these companies work, they offer the reference design because it's the cheapest solution. Normal consumers wouldn't pay more for the "same" card.

i don`t think a wooden box is the "cheapest solution" ..

Anyway i don`t like to argue .. my point was that i don`t think Mushkin made the best choice when they decided to enter ( or reenter ) the market with a reference design based video card . Customers will still go for EVGA , Xfx , Asus , or other brands they trust when considering to buy a standard GTX 260 ( ex.)

Make a pool : would you rather purchase a video card from a manufacturer you trust , or a new manufacturer , who offers the same card at the same price when it comes to a standard video card ( non preoverclocked ) .

Now if i saw something different , a custom cooling solution , a better designed plastic shroud or metal a one , or whatever , or just a nice looking( different one ) yea ... i could say to myself .. look Mushkin has something to say .. let`s try the card ... see what it`s made of .

Peace...

Last edited:
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Make a pool : would you rather purchase a video card from a manufacturer you trust , or a new manufacturer , who offers the same card at the same price when it comes to a standard video card ( non preoverclocked ) .

Now if i saw something different , a custom cooling solution , a better designed plastic shroud or metal a one , or whatever , or just a nice looking( different one ) yea ... i could say to myself .. look Mushkin has something to say .. let`s try the card ... see what it`s made of .

Chances are, people are going to replace the stock cooler. you even said so yourself.

And Mushkin is far from "new". I would personally prefer to buy Mushkin over Asus any day.

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 7
i don`t think a wooden box is the "cheapest solution" ..

Anyway i don`t like to argue .. my point was that i don`t think Mushkin made the best choice when they decided to enter ( or reenter ) the market with a reference design based video card . Customers will still go for EVGA , Xfx , Asus , or other brands they trust when considering to buy a standard GTX 260 ( ex.)

I've used Mushkin memory in 2 of my machines, they still work amazingly well and they clocked well. Their customer support is up there with the names you're listing. Really I'd trust Mushkin just as much as any of the other brands. Honestly it won't matter in the end because the cards are the same, some with different cooling solutions. The alternate cooling solutions don't work nearly as well as the reference design cooler on the GTX series anyway. I purchased an HR-03 GTX for my 260, put it on yes it dropped the core but it didn't cool the VRM area well enough for my liking.

werez

Chances are, people are going to replace the stock cooler. you even said so yourself.

And Mushkin is far from "new". I would personally prefer to buy Mushkin over Asus any day.

I owned Mushkin products . I had two sticks of DDR2 , but didn't used them because my mobo didn't like them ( not the ram sticks fault ) . With video cards incompatibility is not an issue . I know Mushkin is not new on the market , but they are new in the video card area ( the new generation , not the GF8800 series 2007 )

eVGA, XFX, BFG and Gigabyte already own in the North American market , so they have to come up with something special to compete with those giants and to sway consumers . They can`t even touch Europe ...
It`s obvious they are targeting North America . With something special , yes chances are they will get some customers on their side , but remember the nextgen GPU`s are around the corner . it`s just bad timing to enter the market with reference designs and standard cards . Remember what happened last time .. they were overwhelmed by the competition . Memory ? sure.. reliable , they still have something to say .
What if Asus or Gigabyte decides to manufacture ram modules ? that`s interesting right? In the EU Mushkin is not that big , trust me ...

In the EU a Mushkin GTX 260 (ex) will arrive two months later upon release , thats like q4 2009 q1 2010 . No chance ..

Last edited:

Fernandz

System Name Fernandz
Processor Intel Core i7 920 C0 @ 3500 Mhz (21x333)
Motherboard MSI x58 PRO SLi
Cooling Corsair Nautilus 500
Memory 3 x GSKill DDR3-1333 F3-10666-1GBCL8NQ
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
Storage 1 x 200GB + 1 x 500 GB SATA2
Display(s) AOC 17"
Case Sentey RJA-273, modded
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply CoolerMaster SilentPro M700 700W
Software Windows Vista SP2 x86
i think 70% PC`s are bought for gaming , and 90% users overclock their cards anyway . The reference cooling solutions are bad designed on purpose , so you cannot gain better performance , because you achieve the performance of a higher class video card (read : pay less , get more ) , and means NV , AMD loose money .

"Refabbing and testing a custom PCB" is not rocket science since we all know that most of that is done by software ( the PCB design ) ,and after the card`s construction is complete they just plug it into a test rig , and if the numbers are ok , they pack the card . And a better cooling solution is not more expensive , trust me . The rest doesn`t matter because the ram will allways be Quimonda , Volterra VRM`s , same resistors, capacitors and so on . That extra 10% manufactures take for preoverclocked cards should be but in better cooling solutions , better bundle or research or whatever .

And yes "Reference designs are just that: reference."
So why pick Mushkin and not Manli , Asus , inno3d or whatever . What makes Muskin cards different , special ? That wooden box?
The company just announced plans on an entire lineup of products based on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 series, called Mushkin UltimateFX
ultimate fx name , wooden box , green sticker , Muskin brand . ok ... so am i missing something?

I think those numbers are inverted.
30% of the PC's (maximum) are bought for gaming...
10% of users (very maximum) overclock their cards...
1% of those known about technology and reference/non reference designs, models and specifications, and know about fab quality. The other 99% of the users, or have no idea (approx 60%), or take the decision about brands only (the rest)...

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Do you even know who Mushkin is?

Yes , a manufacturer who produces “Enhanced” memory modules" basically solders Qimonda ram chips to a PCB .

Do you know who Airbus is? basically bolts Rolls Royce turbine engines onto planes.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
Not gonna lie, I want one of those wooden boxes.

+1
I would like to see some benchies on these things, but I have a feeling they would preform similar to all the others.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
I care only about that box! :D