• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My games feel laggy on high fps help!

Disable supersampling in nvidia control panel. Under manage 3d settings, it'll be called DSR or dynamic super resolution. Can't remember how it's labeled. Alternatively, make sure both the render resolution and the screen resolution match your monitor in the game. Some games allow you to set the screen resolution to 1080p and the render resolution to 4k or something. Sometimes it's also a percent. I believe in fortnite it's called render scale. Make sure that matches your monitor resolution or 100% whichever.
Supersampling was disabled by default and I ckecked the resolutions too. All of them seem right, either 100 percent, 1 or 1920 by 1080.

Ok, so, let's try to narrow down my current problem that annoys me right now because I've introduced way too many problems on this thread. So my games don't feel laggy anymore, I just get random fps drops when I play them and that's it. It's not even just with obs anymore, my fortnite drops frames like crazy when the game starts and every 10 minutes or so during the game, Minecraft randomly drops frames (smaller frame drops than other games) if I don't have optifine installed and most of the time it's whenever I'm destroying blocks or loading new chunks, csgo regurarly drops frames at the start of the game and during the game it's rare but it still happens sometimes. On gta v it's like Minecraft where the frame drops are really small and happen at random times. COD warzone which I've recently installed has the least, sometimes they don't happen at all but other times they do like once in 2 hours but they last longer than other games. Now, let's prevent any misunderstandings, these are sudden frame spikes, where the game is running fine and suddenly drops fps to 0 and then continues to run fine until the drop happens at another time. Another thing is that Minecraft and COD warzone are both on an SSD while other games are on an HDD. The problems also occurs in single player and last things last, my average fps hasn't changed from the first time I ran every game (At least not a significant amount) so the whole system didn't suddenly fail it just started randomly dropping frames. I have also disabled gameDVR in regedit using both ways as well as closed all background applications and they didn't change a thing.

The SSD sometimes uses a controller called {JMF602}, which can do bad things. This controller seems to have a problem that "when a large amount of writing is performed in a short period of time, writing temporarily stops." It seems to cause an extremely short lag. Check it out?

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
The SSD sometimes uses a controller called {JMF602}, which can do bad things. This controller seems to have a problem that "when a large amount of writing is performed in a short period of time, writing temporarily stops." It seems to cause an extremely short lag. Check it out?
According to Google that chip is a SATA2/USB 2.0 flash controller, which is extremely unlikely to be found in any SSD made in the last ... I'm tempted to say decade, but let's go with 8 years to be safe. The datasheet I found for it was published in June 2008. It is certainly not a chip that exists in a PC outside of an SSD, though. I absolutely understand how a chip like that would cause issues, though, as it barely peaks above HDD speeds and is likely absolutely terrible in sustained performance - but it's not relevant here unless the OP is using an absolutely ancient SSD.

That being said, it's entirely possible that the issues the OP is reporting now is down to some sort of storage I/O bottleneck.

If you want a quick and reliable check, you can use a free software called JSMonitor. If the controller in question is present, the software works. Otherwise, a simple dialog will appear. In case you change your mind

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Let's be clear, you will NEVER stop minecraft and fortnite from dropping frames. They're awfully architected games, both notorious for bad performance. Especially minecraft, which runs in a java VM which means it only has access to the resources which java gives it, and on top of that, Java is not meant to be even close to a realtime programming environment. It's simply not good for games, period. When loading chunks, you are ALWAYS going to have massive frame drops due to the inherent way minecraft works. It doesn't matter how fast your computer is, because Java itself is only so fast.

As for fortnite, they do some awful things with tying framerate to networking that can cause framerate drops. Check your network connection, run ping tests, make sure you're not getting ping skyrockets around the time your're getting frame drops. If you are getting ping spikes, then you need to troubleshoot your network, and there's probably not much you can do there, as it's probably due to your ISP. But changing/fixing your router and modem can help there. At the end of the day though, you're at the mercy of their servers. Nothing you can do about that. Second, put fortnite on the SSD, because it has a huge map that streams objects, which means random seeks are going to be high. A hard disk isn't really fast enough for fortnite.

Overall, the fact that you're having CPU and GPU usage drops when your framerate drops suggests a storage bottleneck, as said above. The CPU and GPU are waiting on storage, so their usage drops, and so does your framerate. Buy more SSD space for your games and ditch the hard drive. But as I've said several times in this thread... temper your expectations. You will never hold a solid 300 fps in games, ever, with any hardware whatsoever that is currently available. Latency between components even becomes an issue at that level. So stop trying. Limit your framerates to 200 or less, and you'll have a smoother experience.

System Name Specs Last Update: 8/April/2024
Processor Intel Core i5 9400f 2.9GHz/4.0 Turbo (NoOC)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370M D3H rev. 1.0
Cooling be quite! Dark Rock Slim 180W TDP (The Silent Wings 3 120mm Fan)
Memory Corsair Red Line 8x2 16GB 3000MHz (NoOC) DDR4-3000 15-17-17-35 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R) V1.35 ver 4.24
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce MSI 980 Ti Golden Edition (NoOC)| Spare: GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
Storage Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | Cold Backup: WDC Black 930 GiB WD1003FZEX
Display(s) Asus VG248QZ 1920x1080 144hz 24" (Current: 60hz)
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair 850W RMi
Mouse Logitech M187 wireless (First day of use 30-9-2021)
Keyboard Logitech K270 wireless
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 2021 / Linux: Candidates: Bazzite - Linux MX - Tuxedo - Kubuntu
There is Minecraft for Windows 10. The site stated it is not compatible with Minecraft Java Edition. So this means the Windows 10 version one isn't made with Java?
Go to https://www.minecraft.net then click Get Minecraft then PC

Let's be clear, you will NEVER stop minecraft and fortnite from dropping frames. They're awfully architected games, both notorious for bad performance. Especially minecraft, which runs in a java VM which means it only has access to the resources which java gives it, and on top of that, Java is not meant to be even close to a realtime programming environment. It's simply not good for games, period. When loading chunks, you are ALWAYS going to have massive frame drops due to the inherent way minecraft works. It doesn't matter how fast your computer is, because Java itself is only so fast.

As for fortnite, they do some awful things with tying framerate to networking that can cause framerate drops. Check your network connection, run ping tests, make sure you're not getting ping skyrockets around the time your're getting frame drops. If you are getting ping spikes, then you need to troubleshoot your network, and there's probably not much you can do there, as it's probably due to your ISP. But changing/fixing your router and modem can help there. At the end of the day though, you're at the mercy of their servers. Nothing you can do about that. Second, put fortnite on the SSD, because it has a huge map that streams objects, which means random seeks are going to be high. A hard disk isn't really fast enough for fortnite.

Overall, the fact that you're having CPU and GPU usage drops when your framerate drops suggests a storage bottleneck, as said above. The CPU and GPU are waiting on storage, so their usage drops, and so does your framerate. Buy more SSD space for your games and ditch the hard drive. But as I've said several times in this thread... temper your expectations. You will never hold a solid 300 fps in games, ever, with any hardware whatsoever that is currently available. Latency between components even becomes an issue at that level. So stop trying. Limit your framerates to 200 or less, and you'll have a smoother experience.
All of that makes a lot of sense except for when you think of Call Of Duty, I don't think the game is poorly optimized and it's also on my SSD, it does drop frames the least and they are really rare, but they still happen and I don't think they should. It could be my internet as you said since I'm regurarly rubber banding in COD ( it happens the most in COD). I do get the same problem in Minecraft and gta singelplayer which means it's not a network issue but who knows maybe it's a combination of all :/
Either way the bottleneck information was very useful and I will try to free up some storage on my ssd to try the games on (the ssd only has 240gb and I have windows installed on it, currently it has 67gb free storage but I might try unistalling cod just to test fortnite on it and if the hdd was the issue I'll try to get a new ssd.)

There is Minecraft for Windows 10. The site stated it is not compatible with Minecraft Java Edition. So this means the Windows 10 version one isn't made with Java?
I don't play that. I play java edition :)

By the way if you wanna check if my ssd fits in that category here's the ssd that I'm using.

Memory Corsair Red Line 8x2 16GB 3000MHz (NoOC) DDR4-3000 15-17-17-35 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R) V1.35 ver 4.24
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce MSI 980 Ti Golden Edition (NoOC)| Spare: GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
Storage Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | Cold Backup: WDC Black 930 GiB WD1003FZEX
Case Corsair Air 540
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 2021 / Linux: Candidates: Bazzite - Linux MX - Tuxedo - Kubuntu
So I guess the Windows 10 version will run smoother? since it doesn't rely on Java?
Going to check about this version thoroughly...

EDIT: It is written in C++ ... YES! ... I guess you should pick this version instead of the old Java version. You will -hopefully- have great time! :)

So I guess the Windows 10 version will run smoother? since it doesn't rely on Java?
Going to check about this version thoroughly...
I haven't checked on that version in a long time but last time I ckecked it was really smooth and that version is known to run well overall even with crazy render distances. But we all know, that version is irrelevant :)

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
All of that makes a lot of sense except for when you think of Call Of Duty, I don't think the game is poorly optimized and it's also on my SSD, it does drop frames the least and they are really rare, but they still happen and I don't think they should. It could be my internet as you said since I'm regurarly rubber banding in COD ( it happens the most in COD). I do get the same problem in Minecraft and gta singelplayer which means it's not a network issue but who knows maybe it's a combination of all :/
Either way the bottleneck information was very useful and I will try to free up some storage on my ssd to try the games on (the ssd only has 240gb and I have windows installed on it, currently it has 67gb free storage but I might try unistalling cod just to test fortnite on it and if the hdd was the issue I'll try to get a new ssd.)

By the way if you wanna check if my ssd fits in that category here's the ssd that I'm using.

The new version of COD is pretty well optimized, yea. That being said, your graphics card is not nearly powerful enough to run it at high framerates with all settings all the way up. What resolution and settings are you running for COD?

If you rubber band in COD, then you're having network issues. Which means fortnite is going to drop frames, because they have some stupid thing that ties loading some assets to netcode. It's poorly done, and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. Try replacing your router and modem, that's about all you can do (without getting deep into the weeds of networking troubleshooting, which deserves a whole other thread, and some serious pre-research.)

Running windows 10 version of Minecraft won't be acceptable to the OP, because it isn't the same game, doesn't support all the same features, for those unaware.

Case Corsair Air 540
It is getting better though...no?

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
It is getting better though...no?
You mean the W10 version of minecraft? It's catching up to java in version/features, yea. But it doesn't support mods and modded servers, so it's a non-starter.

Case Corsair Air 540
You mean the W10 version of minecraft? It's catching up to java in version/features, yea. But it doesn't support mods and modded servers, so it's a non-starter.
I knew you had outdated info about it.
It does support mods. Check https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/get-minecraft and then when you get to choose between the two versions, go to the bottom and check Compare platforms & features
Also in the Windows 10 version page: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-windows10
It says:

-Skin, texture, and mash-up packs from the community! Find out more at minecraft.net/marketplace

-Realms! Play with up to 10 friends cross-platform in worlds that exist anytime, anywhere. Try a free 30-day trial in-app and learn more at

-Slash commands to let you tweak how the game plays—you can give items away, summon mobs, change the time of day, and more

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
I knew you had outdated info about it.
It does support mods. Check https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/get-minecraft and then when you get to choose between the two versions, go to the bottom and check Compare platforms & features
Also in the Windows 10 version page: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-windows10
It says:

-Skin, texture, and mash-up packs from the community! Find out more at minecraft.net/marketplace

-Realms! Play with up to 10 friends cross-platform in worlds that exist anytime, anywhere. Try a free 30-day trial in-app and learn more at

-Slash commands to let you tweak how the game plays—you can give items away, summon mobs, change the time of day, and more

You must have never hosted a minecraft server lol.

99.99999% of the popular mods are written for craftbukkit or spigot, which are modified versions of the java server jar that provide advanced APIs for mods. There is no craftbukkit or spigot version of the windows version. Supporting client addons and supporting server mods are two entirely different things. On top of that, supporting mods, and having people actually write mods for it are also two totally different things.

Regardless, he wouldn't be able to play on his preferred servers anyway. So again, non-starter.

Trust me on this lol, I've been hosting a modified minecraft server for years, and still do today.

Last edited:
Let's end the debate about wether I should switch to W10 or not, as Papahyooie said the servers and mods are more popular in java edition. Java has been around since forever and everyone knows Minecraft for the java edition.

The new version of COD is pretty well optimized, yea. That being said, your graphics card is not nearly powerful enough to run it at high framerates with all settings all the way up. What resolution and settings are you running for COD?

If you rubber band in COD, then you're having network issues. Which means fortnite is going to drop frames, because they have some stupid thing that ties loading some assets to netcode. It's poorly done, and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. Try replacing your router and modem, that's about all you can do (without getting deep into the weeds of networking troubleshooting, which deserves a whole other thread, and some serious pre-research.)

Running windows 10 version of Minecraft won't be acceptable to the OP, because it isn't the same game, doesn't support all the same features, for those unaware.
My resolution for cod is 1920 by 1080 and my settings are all at the highest except for Ray tracing which is disabled and I don't believe it will work anyways on my gtx card. I don't expect crazy high frame rates at the highest settings and my average is 90 (which I would consider standard gaming frame rate) but what I do expect is consistant frame rates and not randomly dropping to 0 for a split second. It's interesting that Fortnite works that way, whenever I was able to free up some storage on my ssd to install fortnite on I will check if it'll fix it and if not I will get into finding a way to wire ethernet from the living room to my room or changing my isp entirely. Do you know a way to connect ethernet from the router in my living room to my room without having an ethernet cable run all the way to my room and being in the way?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Do you know a way to connect ethernet from the router in my living room to my room without having an ethernet cable run all the way to my room and being in the way?

There are powerline adapters but it may be worse than wifi depending on having to jump circuits or not. Plus you add another ingress for power surges. That said, you can test your internal network using some linux live cds and installing the iperf (I think) packages. Chances are, you just have a shit ISP like everyone else in the US.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Def switch to wired. If it's feasible, run cables through your attic and down your walls, but that will likely take some serious research and elbow grease on your part. But I'll tell you from experience, it's SUPER nice to have the rooms in your house wired with Ethernet in the walls. SO much better than WiFi and cables strung everywhere. There are a million tutorials on Google. But like it was said above, it may just be your ISP, and of that's the case there's nothing you can do about it.

As for COD, I know you hate to hear it, but try lowering your settings. COD is well optimized, but it's still a huge map, and it has to stream those objects, textures, etc. Chances are you're hitting framerate dips while loading new stuff, and your graphics card is not super high end.

Def switch to wired. If it's feasible, run cables through your attic and down your walls, but that will likely take some serious research and elbow grease on your part. But I'll tell you from experience, it's SUPER nice to have the rooms in your house wired with Ethernet in the walls. SO much better than WiFi and cables strung everywhere. There are a million tutorials on Google. But like it was said above, it may just be your ISP, and of that's the case there's nothing you can do about it.

As for COD, I know you hate to hear it, but try lowering your settings. COD is well optimized, but it's still a huge map, and it has to stream those objects, textures, etc. Chances are you're hitting framerate dips while loading new stuff, and your graphics card is not super high end.
As the frame drops are already hard to catch, idk if I can reach a conclusion by lowering my settings, cause if the frame drops don't happen it might just be luck, but I guess I could try playing on lower settings for a few days. I'll let you know about the results.

SCP_Nerd

I know I’m late, it Incase it Still is happening, for Minecraft go to video settings - performance - and make sure chunk updates is not at 1, I set mine to 5 when this was happening to me and it completely fixed the issue

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I don't know if it's been said but the problem could be the panel itself, namely, the monitor is doing a whole lot of crap internally that adds many milliseconds to the time between the frame is received and the time it is displayed. This is especially a problem for TVs used as monitors.

If you haven't already, go through all of the settings in the monitor and if anything sounds like it could induce latency, turn it off.

It's possible that even with everything disabled, it will still be too slow. To test that theory, try a different monitor.

TCE_Ryze

As the frame drops are already hard to catch, idk if I can reach a conclusion by lowering my settings, cause if the frame drops don't happen it might just be luck, but I guess I could try playing on lower settings for a few days. I'll let you know about the results.
i know i'm late, but i have the same problem like u, my games feels like 50fps even if the games is above 60fps, i notice this when i watching 60fps fortnite video from a youtuber, i did a comparasion between 60fps fortnite video and 60fps fortnite in game. yeah i see the 60fps fortnite video is so smooth than 60fps fortnite in game. i don't know why.

I know this post is from march 2020, I know what this guy is feeling. I have been dealing with this issue since 2009, Is something weird

For example I've tried already monitoring with Msi afterburner using rivastatistic tuner, things like capping FPS, to have perfect frame-time, tried already vsync on/off (some games work better with vsync on) tried already blurbuster web page with a external phone camera to see if my monitor has skipping frames on 60-75 hz,as my monitor native resolution is 75 hz 1680x1050.

Temperatures are okay gpu is a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb, 40-50c with 0% fan so perfect
Cpu is ryzen 5 1600 first gen oc from 3.2 to 3.6 with same voltage, already benched this computer with (real benchmark) also used Userbenchmark to see if i had good result (and Indeed not bad results

Ram is 3200 patriot 2x4 (8 gb) more than enough for me in this windows 10 latest build 64 bit

But yeah I cannot enjoy games anymore is like my eyes get hurt/tired, like a desincronization while playing, my games looks like 20-30 fps, even if i set 75hz monitor and fps cap or vsync, is like even with vsync, 75 fps 75hz or 60 native 1680x1050 forced the vsync, the image in movement feels not crispy, feels like choppy, is like i cannot follow with my eyes my character at all, if i play games such Warcraft, Dota, Age of Empire, Torch Light, while there are much units on going, or only 4-5 monster spamming stuff, my eyes can easily lost my (hero target) my main character, is like i need to roll my eyes to try to focus is annoying..

Same with counter strike 1.6 i've played that 11hours in steam, I have since 2009 written in forums such steam/reddit/github/nvidia and so on.

Till the point some users were having the same symtomphs than me we came with a conclusion (it is the electricity) the dirty electricity (bad electricity hertz ) <-- not paired electricity too example
With a industrial power conditioner they came with a software that you can check the input voltage i.e 120/240 , and you can check the (output voltagE) <-- this feature output in electricity is insanely important

So some users noticed that their electricity input/output was something like
220 input, output 190! <-- they called the company and company was able to figure the cause and fixed it and voila 220/220 input/output (what happened) well guess what? smoothness back to their computers, tv, audio more crispy

And same with the electricity hertz <-- if you grab a UPS (double conversion) it will stabilize the hertz to match your America/Europe/Australia hertz, for america is 60, for Europe 50
So yeah some users in Europe were having a 43-44 hertz instead of 50, and for america same 54-55.

So overall it is important to pay attention to electricity company to the Dirty electricity, to check/measure the EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference ) buy a greenwave radio emi measure

Sadly here in Venezuela I have no choices, no money to invest, so yup till today im suffering my eyes hurt, so cannot enjoy games, at least those people fixed their problem.

If you think input lag is a problem, Visual lag is much worse
You can tweak windows latency properly optimize to reduce (excessive written to disk, reduce audio latency, improve keyboard input, mouse feeling/etc,etc )
But improving or reducing the visual lag wont happen until you invest money to fix that electricity/emi/rfi shit.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 193596

try turning on v-sync and see if that helps it feel smoother.
doesn't matter how many fps you're getting, your monitor will only display up too 75 full frames per second.
higher fps on a low hz monitor makes a huge difference since there is a more "recent" frame ready for the next scan... the input lag can decrease a lot with let's say double the framerate.

will33

I know this post is from march 2020, I know what this guy is feeling. I have been dealing with this issue since 2009, Is something weird

For example I've tried already monitoring with Msi afterburner using rivastatistic tuner, things like capping FPS, to have perfect frame-time, tried already vsync on/off (some games work better with vsync on) tried already blurbuster web page with a external phone camera to see if my monitor has skipping frames on 60-75 hz,as my monitor native resolution is 75 hz 1680x1050.

Temperatures are okay gpu is a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb, 40-50c with 0% fan so perfect
Cpu is ryzen 5 1600 first gen oc from 3.2 to 3.6 with same voltage, already benched this computer with (real benchmark) also used Userbenchmark to see if i had good result (and Indeed not bad results

Ram is 3200 patriot 2x4 (8 gb) more than enough for me in this windows 10 latest build 64 bit

But yeah I cannot enjoy games anymore is like my eyes get hurt/tired, like a desincronization while playing, my games looks like 20-30 fps, even if i set 75hz monitor and fps cap or vsync, is like even with vsync, 75 fps 75hz or 60 native 1680x1050 forced the vsync, the image in movement feels not crispy, feels like choppy, is like i cannot follow with my eyes my character at all, if i play games such Warcraft, Dota, Age of Empire, Torch Light, while there are much units on going, or only 4-5 monster spamming stuff, my eyes can easily lost my (hero target) my main character, is like i need to roll my eyes to try to focus is annoying..

Same with counter strike 1.6 i've played that 11hours in steam, I have since 2009 written in forums such steam/reddit/github/nvidia and so on.

Till the point some users were having the same symtomphs than me we came with a conclusion (it is the electricity) the dirty electricity (bad electricity hertz ) <-- not paired electricity too example
With a industrial power conditioner they came with a software that you can check the input voltage i.e 120/240 , and you can check the (output voltagE) <-- this feature output in electricity is insanely important

So some users noticed that their electricity input/output was something like
220 input, output 190! <-- they called the company and company was able to figure the cause and fixed it and voila 220/220 input/output (what happened) well guess what? smoothness back to their computers, tv, audio more crispy

And same with the electricity hertz <-- if you grab a UPS (double conversion) it will stabilize the hertz to match your America/Europe/Australia hertz, for america is 60, for Europe 50
So yeah some users in Europe were having a 43-44 hertz instead of 50, and for america same 54-55.

So overall it is important to pay attention to electricity company to the Dirty electricity, to check/measure the EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference ) buy a greenwave radio emi measure

Sadly here in Venezuela I have no choices, no money to invest, so yup till today im suffering my eyes hurt, so cannot enjoy games, at least those people fixed their problem.

If you think input lag is a problem, Visual lag is much worse
You can tweak windows latency properly optimize to reduce (excessive written to disk, reduce audio latency, improve keyboard input, mouse feeling/etc,etc )
But improving or reducing the visual lag wont happen until you invest money to fix that electricity/emi/rfi shit.

Cheers.
hey man, I have the same issue of you.
I have been dealing with this since the beginning of 2019,
first i thought it was fault of my old pc, but it also happens on my newest pc since when I bought it, I formatted it and went to test some games, the same stuttering in all 3d games where the camera moves.
but I could still play on my laptop normally, but suddenly it started to have micro stuttering like on my other pcs. I have this problem with every computer.
I formatted my system several times with different windows versions, I tested different cables, different displays, different mouses , but it also happens when I move only with a keyboard or pad, different drivers, I updated my bios, nothing worked.
my fps is high but it doesn't matter, because when I move the camera, everything turns unfocused, choppy.
I know what you're feeling, my eyes get tired easily, I can't enjoy my games anymore, except SFV and other fighting games.