• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MySpace sued by angry parents of sexually assaulted users

evil bill

System Name Main Rig | Second Rig
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8200 @ 3.2Ghz | Pentium 4 530J 3.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KC @ 1,600Mhz FSB | Asus P5P800
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory OCZ 4GB DDR2-800 (2x2GB) 5-4-4-15 | Corsair 1GB XMS DDR-400 (2 x 512MB)
Video Card(s) MSI NX8800GT 512MB Pre-OCd @ 660/950 | Powercolor X850 Pro 256MB AGP
Storage 500GB WD Caviar SATA300 | Hitachi Deckstar 80GB SATA
Display(s) LG 22" W2252TQ
Case Antec 900 | ATX Window case
Audio Device(s) Onboard High Definition Audio | Soundblaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Hiper 730W HPU-5M730-SE | Tagan 480W
Software Vista 64-bit SP1 | Windows 7 32-bit RC1
I did say I wasn't going to be drawn on that as I feel I have made my point.

However I am beginning to find your attitude towards how women dress a bit Victorian to say the least. You seem to be implying that women only dress in clothes that could be described as risky or revealing to please men and to bolster their own low self esteem. And if by doing so they attract the unwanted attention of some nutter that its their own fault for doing so. Perhaps they ought to wear full body veils just to be on the safe side eh?

Jesus man, this is the 21st Century. I suggest you share your opinions with the women in your workplace or school and see what they think of them.

ex_reven

Perhaps they ought to wear full body veils just to be on the safe side eh?

If any man tries to pass a bill that so much as suggests that women should change their clothing habits to the aforementioned attire, they will be executed. Probably by my hands.
Preferably by forcing them to wear a veil.
Preferably one covered in napalm and cookies.

Gotta love roasting flesh and cookies, yum yum.

Carcenomy

System Name Project T - the computer I've never finished!
Processor Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Zalman 9500AM2 with 9500AT fan on CPU, Zalman VF1000 on both GPUs
Memory 4GB Corsair XMS2 Pro DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTS250 OC'd 1GB w/ stock Zalman VF1050 x2 in SLI
Storage A-Data S592 64GB SSD and 2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA2 in RAID0
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2433wm
Case 1997 Macase SuperMid tower. Vertical hinge sides, custom mesh front, open air path, fan controller.
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Elite Pro PCI
Power Supply Silverstone Decathlon DA750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Hasn't been benched.
I think suing MySpace is a little ridiculous. How old were these girls? Oh wait, one girl was fifteen... too young to have a MySpace account if I remember the rules right. On top of that, the dude went in the clink for a decade.

The problem here isn't sites that allow pedophilic behaviour, it's parents who allow young ones unrestricted access to the internet. Has anyone taken a look at these girls' MySpace profiles (and found sexually inviting bollocks and a falsified age) yet?

I'm not saying MySpace is a good thing, I still say if you're close enough friends with someone you should just go visit them. But it's not MySpace's fault that some dirty young wenches ended up getting date-raped. After all, it coulda happened through a chatroom, instant messaging, meeting on the street, whatever.