1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEC VersaPro VC VY10A C-4 Laptop Works 14.5 Hours Without Recharge

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 12, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    NEC's latest VersaPro UltraLite Type VC looks like an ordinary laptop, but NEC claims that this 12.1-inch ultraportable laptop can last 14.5-hours without recharging. It comes with an Intel Core 2 Duo U7500 ultra low voltage (ULV) processor, 1GB RAM, 40GB hard drive, Microsoft Windows Vista or XP Professional OS, all this in a 217x268x27mm body that weighs only 958 grams. Moreover, the "Secure Redirector" from NEC guarantees that nobody will have access to your files.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Akihabara News
  2. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    First, I'd like to see this put to real world testing, of course. :p

Secondly, that must be one really really low voltage processor, and this isn't even one of the new 45nm ones, is it?
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    this is going to cost buckets IMO. if this surpasses IBM's thinkpad range then it would be even more over priced then IBm's offerings allready
  4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Oh this is sweet. Wife can play for a day without saying, hey, how do I plug this in and charge it?

Now, if we can see a price, and its reasonable, this may be the laptop I get my wife.