• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a few tips

Wasabi202

I have a USB microphone (Auna Mic CM 900) and it's power level is really low, even when using at 60 or 80 sensitivity.

This is how it looks when I record myself saying something from like 20 cm

It's not normal, it's really low. I tried out the microphone with another computer and it worked better there, so the problem is with my PC. Can you guys write a few tips or questions about things I should do to fix this?

No, you can't boost a USB microphone in windows settings. No, I can't boost it in it's software.

Thanks for any help!

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I assume with that kind of mic you have it positioned no further than ~1-2ft from your face (they work best that way).

If it works better in another computer, it leads me to wonder if the mic is not receiving enough power through the USB.

Wasabi202

I assume with that kind of mic you have it positioned no further than ~1-2ft from your face (they work best that way).

If it works better in another computer, it leads me to wonder if the mic is not receiving enough power through the USB.

I only have 4 USB ports but I need more so I usually use a USB hub to get more. Now I unplugged everything except the microphone and mouse and the volume was still low. It might be completely irrelevant, but my computer randomly turned off while I was unplugging the USB cables.