1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 Singleplayer Trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Aug 29, 2012.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    [yt]bfj-gTdwjFg[/yt]
    Sir B. Fannybottom and Aleksander say thanks.
  2. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    in need for speed though:shadedshu

need for speed has pretty much always been get money and buy a car and get it or unlock it by racing and earning it but this . . . . . . . anyone have any more info.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully it runs smoother than what I'm seeing in the trailer.
    All good with the nice graphics but I am seeing the hitches I would get in the original Need for Speed Most Wanted.
  4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    well the video is 30 FPS. it looks smooth to me.
  5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I can see hitches when it comes to areas which have more clutter.
  6. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I am looking forward to playing this game!:toast:
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats the Frostbyte 2 engine.
  8. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Each version is worse than the previous, as "unwanted" as it sounds.... Just give me NFS 1 with updated grafix without the turbos, LSD speeds and dingos...
  9. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    From EA´s marketing point of view I understand the "need" for this kind of NFS [arcade], allot of "young" gamers prefer this to proper racing game [simulation].

Personally I couldn't care less for this kind of NFS, and unless EA brings me back the Shift Series, NFS is dead to me.

Until then Project C.A.R.S is the way to go
  10. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    I buy driving games to DRIVE the cars not "Remote Control" them from behind... I dunno this just looks like Burnout Paradise with real cars...
    MasterInvader says thanks.
  11. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    and no smashy :(
  12. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I would bet that EA will have several gaming views for this game including cockpit view. I am not 100% certain but I couldn't imagine them dropping the ball on that!;)
  13. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    so when will we ever get Gran Turismo or Forza on the PC? (never)

There are some good REAL simulators on the PC that are better than those in realism, sure, but nothing that really hits the spot.
  14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Hard to tell yet, but it almost looks as if they've tightened up the steering response a bit from Hot Pursuit, which would def be a welcome improvement. Graphics look great, I just hope it doesn't effect optimization.
    It's not just what most prefer, it's that EA is not in the position financially right now to cater to a smaller market niche. Most of the games in the NFS series have leaned toward arcade anyway, so it shouldn't come as a surprise, esp with the "Most Wanted" moniker attached.

Aside from that, your beloved Shift, esp the first one, was hardly a SIM game, "proper" or otherwise. It was very arcade in many ways, including overly aggressive AI. It's hard to make a race game that reaches a wide audience, and some say Shift did, but in reality most arcade players either couldn't get the cars set up right or couldn't deal with the less arcade handling once they did.

The only track I struggled with in Shift was Nords, but I beat both of the Shift games with a mere KB, so SIM, I don't think so. Any game you can beat with just a KB on default AI settings and not even employ all assists is hardly what I'd call a SIM.

Now Project CARS does have really nice eye candy graphics, but a big thumbs down for them not attempting to make it for a broad audience, at least from what I've read anyway. They have a KB option in the controls AFAIK, but talk is, even with assists on, there's no way it will be playable on one.

There's TONS of players that want more SIM-like handling in their race games, but when it comes right down to it, many of them prefer the ones like Shift over full on SIMS, so I really don't get why they complain about the arcade games that come out here and there, because they're hardly purists themselves.

Ideally I want to transition from KB to something like the MS Speed Wheel. It has fast response and requires no setup/takedown. I really only need something that's just a step above the limitations of KB, without losing response time. I'm hoping the Speed Wheel 2, if there is one, has shoulder buttons and supports more games.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  15. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I prefer it it as well. Most NFS games were arcades anyway, they didn't really try to be anything else (with some exceptions). I really liked MW, so I'm looking forward to this.
  16. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    ''Until then Project C.A.R.S is the way to go""

thats'it
  17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    There is always a hood camera and a bumper camera. I don't think they'll bother with cockpits though it would be nice.

As for the NFS series, they really took off with Hot Pursuit back in 1998. Before it was an ok game but wasn't exactly thrilling. Cops in NFS3 gave it that extra spice.

This new one looks ok if Criterion is going to provide proper support not like with Hot Pursuit 2010 where they just left the game with several idiotic glitches as it is. For example complete lack of weather effects in normal multiplayer games. Where multi with Interceptor has them. WHY!? And there is bunch of other stupid nonsense.

It has Aston Martin V12 Vantage in it so that's a plus, i think i've seen Lexus LFA as well and i just hope SL65 won't be idiotically overpowered like in Hot Pursuit 2010.
    I don't care if it's Burnout with real cars, if it's fun to drive that's all it matters.
  18. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! I loved the first, and I can't wait for this one.
  19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Cockpit view will probably get modded in by a fan, IF they don't make it too hard to tweak the files.
  20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't really call this a trailer so much as just SP gameplay.

It sounds like you didn't play the original Most Wanted. I know a lot of people loved the original games (I know I did, I played the crap out of them on PS1). Then they started turning to crap, but someone bought me Most Wanted, and it really surprised me. That game was extremely good, I mean really a great game. So I would have to say this is untrue, but then they went through a crap streak after that again. This last Hot Pursuit was actually pretty fun finally as well. So hopefully they re getting back into it now.
  21. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    What was also good about Most Wanted was that you could pimp out your car to look like christmas tree or you could leave it stock looking and just buffed up the engine, suspension, aerodynamics etc.
    Also most of the body kits started with basic Level 1 kit which didn't really change the car look much, it usually only lowered it a bit and added sideskirts, lower bumper and lower rear bumper.

And the story was also pretty good even though there wasn't quite enough video sequences in the last half of the game. Josie Maran gave the game that special charm and the Sgt. Cross as well.

Only thing i'll certainly miss is the NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 car handling. It was ridiculously drifty but that made the car handling to be the best i've ever driven in any arcade racing game after the Screamer 2...
  22. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    if Criterion takes tuning out to make a better overall game. i'm good with that.
  23. MyTechAddiction

Thanks Received:
    wow this is the first trailer that convinced me not to play the game.
  24. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It's interesting though that route is only displayed on map and side roads are all open.