1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need good replacement fans for graphics card

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by scaminatrix, Oct 16, 2012.

1. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470, one fan has died and the other is starting to grind. I replaced one of the fans with an old fan off of a CPU cooler; it's extremely strong but also very loud (92mm)

I've just bought a couple of BeQuiet Silent Wings Pure (80mm) and they are useless. They have the highest CFM and static pressure of all the 80mm ones I looked at on ebuyer, dabs, scan, specialtech, candccentral, watercoolinguk and 100% positive ebayers but yea, I'm gonna need a couple of fans that actually move some air. Seriously, they spin so slow you can see the logo in the center still. I'm guessing 80mm isn't going to cut it. Feel p*ssed that I just wasted over £15 on these fans.

So I'm looking for 92mm fan recommendations that are affordable and available from the sites above. If there's anything that performs as well as a Delta, but quieter, that would be good :p

Has to be able to cool a hot graphics card. Thanks peeps.
  2. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    These here are among the cheapest, but most durable fans i ever used... never had a problem with an arctic dying, due to their hydrobearing ;) also they are pretty quiet, even on max rpm (1800)
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-025-AR&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=820

this here might be your choice tho, found it googling... its supposed to be the cooling fan for a chiller (very thick rads they are on)... if you voltage control it, it can produce a whisper when needed, and up to full 3800 max rpm, when you seriously need it... the price was kinda hot too:D
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/92mm...icro-pwm-fan-black-3800rpm-(dc-brushless)-oem

i hope that i was able to help you a bit! :)
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  3. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    You are amazing! Those Asetek's seem to be just what I'm looking for. Nice price too :p

Thanks VW
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  4. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    no problem, always glad to help a lad in need ;)
  5. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Call MSI, they might send you a freebie.
    scaminatrix says thanks.