1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New 310.90 drivers are out

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by THE_EGG, Jan 5, 2013.

1. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I just went to download the 310.70 (as I'm still running 306.97) drivers for myself and noticed that another WHQL signed/certified driver has been released - 310.90 WHQL.

It seems that Far Cry 3 keeps getting performance increases so it applies to this driver as well, but otherwise it doesn't look like anything too exciting (for me at least).

here is the link for win7 64-bit drivers;

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/55121

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Taken from nVidia's site.

These drivers also include optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.

New in GeForce 310.90:

Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
    Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:
    Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.
    Up to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory) compared to GeForce GTX 480.
    Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.
    Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.
    Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:
    Aliens: Colonial Marines – rated Fair
    GT Legends – rated 3D Vision Ready
    LEGO: Lord of the Rings – rated Good
    Miasmata – rated Good
    Pirate101 – rated 3D Vision Ready
    Viking: Battle for Asgard – rated Excellent
    Warframe – rated Good
    Wizard101 – rated 3D Vision Ready

3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I think this is the first time in a while that Nvidia released WHQL drivers one after another instead of 5 betas inbetween each WHQL.

4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Note that the performance improvements they state are compared to the 306.97 driver, they haven't actually improved Farcry performance since the first 310.xx series driver release. They just keep restating the same 38% performance improvement over 306.97 in each driver release.

The only real change in this driver is the update to patch the security hole in the display driver service, which is why it came out WHQL so quickly after the last WHQL.

At least nVidia actually patched the problem pretty quickly after it was discovered instead of just removing the entire feature with the security hole like AMD is doing.

okidna, ...PACMAN... and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU