1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

new block over older DD tdx?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by freeboy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    I have something like the above, it has almost identical design....
    should i consider an Apogee HD or the XSPC Raystorm? they are newer designs ...
  2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Apogee HD cools better
    freeboy says thanks.
  3. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    Im looking at the testing, and it does slightly cool better, but I am horrified by reports of leaking systems and blocks... one thing about the old DD supplies is they are as a rule bullet proof...
    the HD is also out of stock everywhere! For now Ive decided to stay with the Block I have... and pump insane amounts through it and two 360 rads
    thanks
  4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    They don't leak. Where did you get false information that Apogee HD blocks leak. They don't. I found it in stock in like 2 seconds.

BTW DD blocks pretty much suck compared to many high end blocks on the market.

Just a sidebar, why the hell did you make this thread?
  5. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    ok, I read a customer comment on frozen cpu, and I reviewer on ??? scratching head...
    another customer had to de burr some plastic, Im not badmouthing swiftech, they have a great rep, but from my perspective I have no reason to doubt the three people who I read in the last two hours...
    and why is the line out of stock everywhere.. New egg, Amazon, frozen Cpu etc? Im just not comfortable... and I am comfortable with a slightly poorer dd block...

Martins reviews seem to indicate with the newer DD released in 2012.. sorry brain fog cannot remember the name, that the curving of the block made big performance differences....
    Again its the little things like good contact and proper greasing... so Im not bashing ST.. they are a great company.... if I offended you I apologise... Im no troll
  6. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
  7. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    Well, Im glad you made the points you have, as some one NOT in the know.. I only have the online resources.. thanks again for settign the record straight....
    I like the design and honestly was thrown off by those comments....
    And the price at 70 is not objectionable...
    you found it in a search.. could you pm me the places you found it online? I only saw MC
  8. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Why, your not buying it. :nutkick:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32578
  9. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Why, your not buying it. :nutkick: It is probably out of stock due to its one of the better selling blocks out there

http://www.microcenter.com/product/391778/Apogee_HD_Waterblock_-_Black

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32578

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/apogee-hd.html
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  10. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    thank again...
  11. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I've used the Appogee HD for a long while now, (since my 2600k build when sandy bridge came out) and I've never had a leak issue with the block.

The HD's very VERY nice and mounting is a lot better than say a raystorm, imo.
    freeboy says thanks.
  12. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    I may get one as the local store MC has it listed in stock... It will be a September purchase, maxed this month out with new build...
    I was wondering if it was disco and they where releasing new model, but probably just out of stock everywhere as above due to demand with haswel builds ...