1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Portable DVD-RAM Burner from Logitec

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Mar 28, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Logitec introduced new external DVD drive, the LDR-PMA8U2. The drive has new slot-loading type drive produced by Pioneer. The write speeds are as follows: 4X DVD±DL, 8X DVD±R, 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 24X CD-R/RW and DVD-RAM recording at 5X speed. The USB 2.0.interface offers compatibility with Windows 98 SE/Me/2000/XP, and Mac OS X 10.3.9/10.4.4 operating systems. The LDR-PMA8U2 DVD drive will be available in Japan at the end of March and will sell for approximately $190.

Source: CDRinfo

2. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is that run completely from the 5v usb power, or does it contain a rechargerable battery?

3. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's no more information, but i think it powers from the usb.

4. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's pretty cool

I went and bought a usb to ide cable, which is awsome! I mostly use it for using hard drives to move large amounts of data between pc's, but i can also connected a dvd burner to it, which is cool, but it requires external power to run (it comes with it's own adapter). But this slim portable drive looks great! Maybe it's something we could source for a review, i'd want to put an ammeter on it to see how much current it draws.

5. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    damn...nice...shiney. one prob...i dont have a dvd-burner in the first place lol