1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New server mods found for Bad Company 2!

Discussion in 'Games' started by brandonwh64, Feb 19, 2013.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I don't think I can invest that kind of time. BC2 was out about a year and a half before BF3 landed. And BF3 has almost been out a year and a half with a ton of DLC. And yet I think I had 650 or so hours into BC2 when BF3 came out, I think I have 330 or so into BF3 right now. There's a few things I find better about BF3, but a lot more I find better about BC2. I enjoyed the classes and their unique gadgets, the destruction, and the map layouts much more in BC2.

LMGs blow in BF3 because Assault doesn't have a noobtube to balance them (at least not a spamable one, and I'd rather run the medbox anyways with that class). And even if they had the tube, so little destruction, still wouldn't matter much. I felt Recon was much more entertaining with spot balls, rather than Tugs and crap. Engineer hasn't changed much, but map design just isn't as great, I loved the shit out of BC2 landmines, and I actually liked having a tracer.
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Tracer! Yea I miss it too :(
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I had good fun with it, and tracing a great chopper pilot was very satisfying. It's gone probably because trying to trace jets, but seriously, who the hell on ground shoots down half decent jet pilots anyways? Seen a video of a guy the other day go I think 215 - 0 in a single round with a jet, pretty sweet... :rolleyes:

Also the cinematic bullshit can suck it. Cinematic jump a wall, fail, cinematic jump same wall, fail, cinema... shot dead. Cinematic knife a guy, turn him around knife into his skull, shot dead off him and he lives. I don't need this cinematic shit.

Another thing I notice, and I can't explain, is in BC2, seemed I was one of the only people who loved Iron Sights. I remember Ufgy standing behind me with a Sniper Rifle lining up a guy, then I would just peg this guy a few hundred meters out with Iron Sight right in the skull and he would just be amazed. But I can't manage to use them for shit in BF3. I mean I'm not bad with them, but they felt so comfortable in BC2. BF3 they just don't feel the same.
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    well we can only hope for BC3 before BF4 but better not mention that in the BF4 clubhouse or get an infraction. because the OP of that clubhouse has never ever trolled anyone else before.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  5. odameyer

odameyer

Thanks Received:
    Start a TPU BC2 server anyone?

I've gotten so much enjoyment out of that game. The only other game I've had this much fun with was COD2 multiplayer.

I mistakingly bought cawabaddlefeeld 3 thinking it would be similar but it's just not the same :cry:
    LOL.
    and if it's not that retardation it's this:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  6. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, I'd consider starting up again if there are any non-24/7 noob map CQ servers. I didn't like BF3 at all, and everything else FPS wise has been tragically meh the past few years. BC2 had its flaws, but the good CQ maps like Oasis never got old. Hard fought matches on Oasis may have actually been the most fun I've ever had in a 32 player server for any game. Laughing like a little girl mining the light vehicles, wookie madness with a VSS, drilling the teeth out of rooftop wookies....good times. Of the big limitations of BC2 was not being able lock out retard friendly kits like the double upgrade CG and 10x sniper scope.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  7. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I miss the Karl Gustav. Definitely my favorite weapon :D
  8. odameyer

odameyer

Thanks Received:

For what few maps there are for BC2 they are all really good. Can't say the same for BF3.

I could play conquest heavy metal all day long
    Man do I love making people rage hard with that using it as a secondary weapon. That and the bradley in squad deathmatch :laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013