• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New speakers CONFUSED!!!

Weigy104

Processor AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 939
Motherboard MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
Cooling Arctic Silencer 4 and Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 1GB DDR400 value crap :(
Video Card(s) X800 Pro Modded to XT via bios flash
Storage Seagate Baracuda 160GB & Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB :)
Display(s) ACER AL1751
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :D
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 4
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Ubuntu, Windows 2k3
ok bottom line i need new speakers. i currently have really balls labtec 2.0 speakers prob worth like £5 :p so i'm lookin to upgrade. i've already pick out my new sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS it's OEM one for like £30 so i'm def havin that. but speakers :confused: i've looked at both creative and logitech and i generally found that logitech was better. my first choice was logitech z-5300, which i found on a site for £75 thought this was amazin but now i've lost the bloody site :( then i looked at more budget speakers like logitech x530 and creative t5900. found that the logitechs were better but if anyone could recommend another set that would beat them for round the same price then i would be pleased. btw i've looked everywhere for the logitech z-5300 and can only find them on one site, they seemed to have vanished does anyone know whats goin on with that? lol

Mr Blonde.

dont waste ur money on speakers :p lol, man much u spendin again? get ur bloody processor sorted . :cool:

System Name death machine
Processor intel 6600 quad core cooled by scythe mutgen 2
Motherboard dfi lanparty UT P35-T2R
Cooling air
Memory crucial ballistic tracer 4 gb
Video Card(s) nvida 260 gtx
Storage segate baracuta 500 GB , western digital blue 1TB
Display(s) asus 23.6 vh242h
Case lian-li pc-a70 full tower
Power Supply 650 watt Antec Earth Watts
Software windows 7 and lots of other titles
do u whant to go to Digital the try this Logitech Z-2300,thay are only 2.1 but if u want bigger then try this the Logitech Z-680 speaker but if u want analog then try thes
Creative Labs I-TRIGUE 3400 or Logitech X530

^DR.Death^

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
yeh i looked at the x530. but i'm a bit new to the speaker scene i've read a couple of reviews but nothing too heavy. is there a big difference between the digital and analgou one? btw to make it easier for you to help me out i'll be using mostly for games and music and films. most films are a bit (cough) dogy (cough) if you get my drift. i play like half life 2 and san andreas are my two main games the now.

Cooling air
what do u want in a speaker system loud or qualaty. i am runing a set of koss and they sound great.

^DR.Death^

Snipe0876

Creative GigaWorks 7.1 S750 THX® Speakers

without a doubt the best speakers on the market have em once my m8 got em and i heard them i was amazed. First THX is the best in sound all the cinemas have turned to it and these r 600 watts u can say its to powerfull but thats like saying ur pc or car is to powerfull u can never have enough power.http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Creative_7_1_Speakers.html very bottom of that page they r excelant all round use it for gaming other than cs i prefer headphones but for san andreas battlefield 2 half life 2 i use them for it cause its amzing. Creative GigaWorks 7.1 S750 THX® Speakers

BEWARE They r really loud i have had several complaints from the neighbours over them as for movies well its 7 speaker surround at that wattage THX it speaks for itself thats the top end speakers its 1 of these things u have to experiance to believe cause i wouldnt of until i heard em

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
DR.Death said:
what do u want in a speaker system loud or qualaty. i am runing a set of koss and they sound great.

^DR.Death^

yeh i'm looking more for quality cos loudness isn't really a problem in my bedroom where there gonna be used it's not a huge room or anything ;)

Cooling air
then u should go for a 2.1 system not a huge system maby 4.1 but thats all because little seakers sound the best because thear is more wats going to each channel so if u can find a small powerfull sound system then go for it not the large guys also it will sound great in a small room

^DR.Death

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
yeh but i'd like surround sound cos i don't really see the point in a 2.1 system. i did look at the logitech 2300 which are currently the best 2.1 system money buys but i can get a descent 5.1 system for less

Cooling air
then get a large 5.1 not a little thing because my frirend did that and he got burnt so try asking people about what sound system that u should get and have a fue so u can chose the best one but creative have the best qualty sounding systems yes u will say no but ive herd a lot of speaker systems and thay have out peformed all

^DR.Death^

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
yeh but i've heard that logitechs subs are better. all i want is a descent 5.1 system that wont break the bank. logitech x530 or creative t5900. which would you pick? and btw do you know what creatives equivilant to the z5300 are?

Cooling air
also made in canada witch rox

^DR.Death^

Cooling air

bcgone5150

Processor AMD Athlon XP 2700+
Motherboard Asus A7V8X
Cooling 2 80mm Intake, 3 80mm Out, Thermaltake on cpu
Memory 1 G
Video Card(s) ATI Raidon 9550
Storage 40G Maxtor 80 Western Digital
Display(s) Old 21 in Gateway
Audio Device(s) On board
Software XP 32-bit Pro
My recommendation is the Logitec, I have the Z-640 and have really enjoyed them they are a 5.1 system. I mainly bought them so I could watch movies in surround sound. I was outing my video from my computer to a TV at the time.

Check places like www.newegg.com and other vendors and you can read reviews about the products and find good deals sometimes.

P.S. Many of you may already know about this sight but it is pretty sweet. They tell you about all sorts of deals on everything. http://slickdeals.net/

Good luck finding the speakers that suite ya!! :)

DBH

Hey Weigy I'm in the same boat as you I want to get a set of speakers as well but not really sure I think logitech are a pretty good brand. If you check on ebuyer you can get the X-620's for like £30 I think. But then I also want to use the digital connection on my mobo as I got an Nforce one so then Im also thinking hmm.. what to do and if you do go the speaker route I heard its best to get a decoder to go along with the thing as then you can get a pure digital to digital signal etc between the card and speakers. The ones I was looking at were the Z-5300's and the uber (apparently the best one there) Z-5500s (cost alot though). My choices have come down to either getting the Z-5500's as it has a built in decoder and nice remote unit and alot of connections for additional units or either get the Z-5300 which costs about £75 and then think about getting the Creative DDTS-100 decoder together they cost about £150-160 I think compared to the Z-5500's £210. Argh the blimmin choices. Oh yeah I also am in a box room too lol ! doh.

EDIT: ARGH ! I just checked ebuyer for the Z-5300's they've gone bloody up in price from £75 to £120 Dammn it !

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
DBH said:
Hey Weigy I'm in the same boat as you I want to get a set of speakers as well but not really sure I think logitech are a pretty good brand. If you check on ebuyer you can get the X-620's for like £30 I think. But then I also want to use the digital connection on my mobo as I got an Nforce one so then Im also thinking hmm.. what to do and if you do go the speaker route I heard its best to get a decoder to go along with the thing as then you can get a pure digital to digital signal etc between the card and speakers. The ones I was looking at were the Z-5300's and the uber (apparently the best one there) Z-5500s (cost alot though). My choices have come down to either getting the Z-5500's as it has a built in decoder and nice remote unit and alot of connections for additional units or either get the Z-5300 which costs about £75 and then think about getting the Creative DDTS-100 decoder together they cost about £150-160 I think compared to the Z-5500's £210. Argh the blimmin choices. Oh yeah I also am in a box room too lol ! doh.

EDIT: ARGH ! I just checked ebuyer for the Z-5300's they've gone bloody up in price from £75 to £120 Dammn it !

yeh b4 they went up in price they disapeared completely then i checked again one day and it said £120 i was like :mad: now i have no clue what speakers to get and also i decided to upgrade my mobo and cpu, i'm gettin the new 3800+ venice core from amd and the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum all in all a very sweet setup :cool:

Quan_Chi

OK here is what u do.
go get sum head phones and put ur speekers in the garage

Snipe0876

good point what is a good set of headphones i have went through 3 sets in 6 weeks and its really pissing me off i had the side winder really good but to flimsy i had another that was logitech holds on ur neck but mic broke not good for cs need somthing that can take a beating i have a tendancy to stand on em hehe.

Phelllip

Processor S478 P4 3.0E@3450mhz
Motherboard Asus P4P800
Cooling Scythe Ninja 1000, custom chipset cooler
Memory 2x512 Dual Channel OCZ Premier Series @460mhz
Video Card(s) Asus 6600GT agp
Storage Seagate Barracuda 160gb S-ATA
Display(s) CRT flat 17''
Case X-Blade+mods
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ Modstream 450W
Software WinXp Sp2
I have Logitech Z-640 and I can say it's a great quality/power/price deal...it's 70W RMS and 140W max..the sub is a short-throw in a closed box so no distortion and great sound quality...this system is becoming old but some places still run them..here in canada we can get one for 60$, so you can probably get one for 35-40 pounds......the X-530 system is in the same range so it should sound the same or better...one sugestion: if you want power/price, go with logitech..if you want quality/price, go with altec lansing

Last edited:

warluck

Weigy104 said:
ok bottom line i need new speakers. i currently have really balls labtec 2.0 speakers prob worth like £5 :p so i'm lookin to upgrade. i've already pick out my new sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS it's OEM one for like £30 so i'm def havin that. but speakers :confused: i've looked at both creative and logitech and i generally found that logitech was better. my first choice was logitech z-5300, which i found on a site for £75 thought this was amazin but now i've lost the bloody site :( then i looked at more budget speakers like logitech x530 and creative t5900. found that the logitechs were better but if anyone could recommend another set that would beat them for round the same price then i would be pleased. btw i've looked everywhere for the logitech z-5300 and can only find them on one site, they seemed to have vanished does anyone know whats goin on with that? lol

Don't look at it , listening it's better way to judge and your ears and my ears are not the same so :) ,and if you have at home a good sound system take that and with and Audigy :eek: :D

Cooling air
ya thats a good point but if most speakers will sound good to everybody but it is all in the feel

warluck

DR.Death said:
ya thats a good point but if most speakers will sound good to everybody but it is all in the feel
Different person ,different taste etc ,spending money for nothing if you got an old stereo sound or new surround or simply an amplifier your sound card goona do a great job ,99% most people gonna love it and probably surprise '' like i heard once hey that came out from your computer '' ? Yeah loll
Just a small setup .I describe it if you want :eek:

Cooling air
ya but i have a 2.1 system and a creative sound blaster and it souds great but it its all in your head if it sounds grate it sounds grate so thats all for now

Mr Blonde.

i dont think ricky will be too fussed with speaker at the mo, cos he just bought a surround sound system for his dvd player, lol 500watts of power baby!!

dave