1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia 560ti DirectCu II beats HD 6970 ?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by xXxBREAKERxXx, Feb 19, 2011.

1. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP
    [​IMG]

ASUS Radeon HD 6970
    [​IMG]

So now im realy confused which VGA to buy. Give me advices please im looking for video card up to 300 euro for it.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  2. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    or there are two cards in SLi, I dunno, I personally will get a 560 instead of AiT or ADM 6990 i really dunno
  3. SlayerJC

SlayerJC New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    hawx 2 favours nvidia cards big time, it's not a useful benchmark for fair comparison
  5. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Which Manufacturer is better? HD 6970 ASUS / XFX / SAPHIRE /HIS / PowerColor/Gygabite / Club 3D ? I hope at the end of this month HD 6970 DirectCU 2 will come out. :rolleyes::p
  7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I'd go for XFX for the double lifetime warranty. I recommended my friend one and he is more than pleased with it :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    At this stage I'd wait just a little till both Nvidia and AMD realease their ultra high end Dual GPU cards, I have a feeling it might just push down the price of the GTX570/580 and 6950/6970 2gb.
  9. Salsoolo New Member

Thanks Received:
    the 560 will also beat it Civilization v, battleforge, dirt 2. according to this review

is that because of drivers? or its just that these games are written for nvidia?
    because civilization had a big jump with the new forceware drivers and the 560 didnt beat it on earlier drivers.
  10. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    A lot of games and gamedevs are sponsored by nVidia, so they get better optimization. AMD/Ati just don't have the spare cash to compete right now.
    Add in AMD/ATI less than optimal drivers/software and you get nVidia ahead in most games and benchmarks.
    This is unfortunate, because AMD/ATI make excellent graphics hardware, but poor software and drivers.

Ubisoft released Assasin's Creed for PC with support for DX 10.1, which ATI supported but nVidia didn't. It was game that was branded NTWIMTBP. DX 10.1 was subsequently pulled because nVidia pays for optimization and sometimes, outright sabotage. And they didn't like the fact that ATI performed better for a while.

I'm not bashing nVidia here. It's just a fact in the business world everyone will cheat if given the chance.
    It's just been a while since AMD/ATI has had the money to get their way.
  11. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    If you can find a 6970 under 300 Euro then it's better that any variations of 560. It is on par with gtx570 which in turn might be more exepnsive than 300 Euro. That is if you have no problems with amd and what you might exepect in terms of drivers and games that are more favorable to nvidia gpus.
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    XFX fail. Especially if its a non-reference card. the PCB/Circuitry, and VRMs are extremely cheap. And whats the point of double life time warrenty when the company doesnt honor it and if your not going to have the card for a life time
  13. Salsoolo New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont like both of them having influence on devs, that would make a mess (ie mid range card beating other's high end) like what we have in this thread.

if its about drivers as you say then why arent they recognizing this problem? everybodys talking about it for years.
    or maybe its just that amd sucksl? :D joke!
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    actually lately. AMD and Nvidia have kind of been slacking on drivers, however AMD 11.2 drive suite is SOLID! when nvidia latest WHQL is pretty crappy. My view on drivers now is its a user issue i think. Oh and that people are stuck with hte fact of using Driver Sweeper when that is only nessessary when switching Teams. Red to green or vice versa. Now that software has advanced pretty far when deleting drivers they delete pretty throughly, and leave the needed files for the new drivers.
  15. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I've seen alot of happy XFX users, and i dont get your gripe on the warranty either. How do they not honour it? They will give you a card of equal performance in return if the card is EOL. At least thats how i've read it and seen stories about it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope ASUS DirectCu II will be released till the end of this month so i can buy it.
  17. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    As stated earlier, XFX non reference cards aren't that great. If you buy XFX and are in North America, buy near a new graphics card launch to get a reference design card. They are solid, just like every other brand. Reference design + Double lifetime warranty = high resale value.

Or, buy an XFX reference design from someone else to get the warranty when they upgrade to the next gen. Good way to go crossfire semi-cheap and you get a reliable product.

I sold my XFX 4870 at a decent price because of the warranty. It still runs great for the guy in a W7 WoW box.
    It was a solid card, great price/performance in its day.

I have a friend who bought a non-ref XFX 5850, can't overclock for crap and runs hot.
  18. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    already Ordered ASUS 6970 DC II :D im realy happy till the end of the month i will have it. Price 335€