• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia Driver Problems

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Hi everyone, Recently my 8800GT died and for the moment having to use a 3450. After uninstalling the nvidia drivers then installing ATI's catalyst control centre, Windows has been telling me there was a host process error. Then the windows theme would change to windows 98 style and I'd keep getting the error. So I did a reformat because I was bored but I still keep getting the error and it says it is caused by an nvidia driver. I'm assuming it is my 780i chipset driver and when I try to uninstall it I get a message saying Error 2 - Cannot find the file specified. So I reformated again and tried a different version of the driver and still I get the host process error and when I turn on games like rise of nations the game freezes up and the computer crashes completely. I'm completely stumpted can anyone give me a hand.