1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 SLI

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, May 10, 2012.

1. Darkrealms

Thanks Received:
    THANK YOU W1ZZ!! (now go to bed, LoL)

If we are looking at dollars (as the primary concern) this should be a $600-650 setup, if we are looking at performance (as the primary concern) this should be a $900-950 setup @_0

Nvidia grabbed a tommy gun and blasted red camp with the 680 and as they walked back to green camp slipped, fell, and blasted holes in their own tents when they released the 670.

I still say the 690 is the sexiest card out : )

repman244 says thanks.
  2. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN

Thanks Received:
    I have never liked the dual-GPU setups because of the driver issues and microstuttering bs. But for first time in years it looks like I should give SLi another try with 2x ASUS GTX 670 DCIIs. I can always sell the other card if it turns out horrible. At least the performance is good!

3. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    @ Wizzard
    Typo in the last page "3D Vision Surround 3x 1080p", I think you mean 2D

I am waiting for 670 to drop to $350 to grab 2 :D

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  4. borden5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    can i borrow your time machine :laugh:

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  5. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Thanks

Thanks a ton of w1z, good stuff. I'll put that camera for ya on my list right after a pair of 670's. Also thanks again for the response from my Verisign email, makes a big diff to know you are responsive =P

6. Clubber_Lang

Clubber_Lang New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me too! And great pic of RV dude! Fellow MX'er here as well!

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    oh really? Nice! RV is the new GOAT. James Stewart is looking good on the new Suzuki though, dungey is going to have some fun this nationals with JS7 given him a run.

8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    still waiting for a game that needs this power.

9. atikkur

Thanks Received:
    yeah.. just wait for the game or when the price came down, no point to hurry.

10. Clubber_Lang

Clubber_Lang New Member

Thanks Received:

Sweet!! Another motohead! Been racing on and off down here in the NW for about 30+ years. I ran a AX track for 4 of those years in North plains OR.

And yeah.....I'm happy for Stewart he got off the Yamaha , as it wasn't doing him any good. I'm not his biggest fan , but I hope he does well this summer ( we'll find out next weekend ). I think RD will be tough to beat this summer , along with Rattray. I'm seriously bummed RV is hurt!

11. Clubber_Lang

Clubber_Lang New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think BF3 , Metro 2033 and a few others with the res and quality turned up all the way can push a single 670 pretty hard......Two though?....I don't think a SLI setup would break much of a sweat.

12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I'm gone for one week and look what I miss
    This is awesome great review W1zzard!!

13. Jurassic1024

Thanks Received:
    If the GK104 die is what you're manufacturing to start, it wouldn't make sense to disable perfectly good dies this early, when your top two SKU's use that GPU (GTX 680's and 690's). My guess is yields are fine and it's the capacity at TSMC that is lacking (TSMC is the only Fab doing 28nm right now), and those said dies are reserved for 680 and 690's. For nVIDIA to try to do a complete lineup at the cost of their high end (disabling units on perfectly good GK104 dies), would only affect availability that much more.

I believe the issue is capacity at TSMC, but I can only guess from what I've read so far.

14. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    During Nvidias earning call Jen-Hsun Huang was asked what was the current % of 28nm production and when it will reach 50%. He said by the end of the coming quater they will be at 30% but couldnt gurantee it be at 50% by years end.

He was also asked about issues acquiring wafers and he said that TSMC and them finaly came to an agreement and doesnt expect prices of wafer to go up.

Typical Q&A more like marketing and pitching your outlook but in there a few good questions about Kepler and TSMC.

What I took away from it from Keplers perspective is that they were late to TSMC and to top it off they just didnt buy the wafers for it in a timely manner also they are hoping wafer prices dont go up which means they are buying as they go. Maybe money issues ?

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  15. aarantes72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Test without logic

Test no sense ... how to compare cards in SLI with cards in a simple way? Illogical. The right way is to compare the SLI cards with Crossfire. Without credibility.

16. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your whole post.....no sense.:shadedshu

17. aarantes72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll try to explain to you. How can there be comparison between the GTX cards in SLI and other simple card? Got it now?

18. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Maybe to show the improvement of this particular card in SLI versus other cards that cost more?

I understand that one could compare SLI to crossfire, but believe it or not, that's not what the review is about. That does not mean the review has no credibility. It just means it wasn't what you wanted. Got it now?

19. aarantes72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is not logical to me. The table would be something to compare an airplane with two engines and an airplane with a turbine. Which is better? For credibility in the test should be compared with the IN CROSSFIRE RADEON HD. Or, without being GTX in SLI.

20. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    I understand it's not logical to you. Work on it.

21. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now that you have formed proper sentences (sort of) in correct English (debatable), yes my darling ;) :D

22. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    By that logic, all CPU comparison tests are highly illogical. (for you, at least)

23. aarantes72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    What you do not understand is that how to perform a test with multiple cards in SLI and none in Crossfire! How to make a comparison between NVIDIA and RADEON cards in pairs? Got it now? I think for the fans of NVIDIA, continued without understanding.

24. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    You guys are just being mean :p, this guy just asked why HD7970 CFX isn't there. The answer is because. if you want to compere the two just go to the HD7970 CFX review and see the results. Yes, drivers are different but the its still comparable.

25. aarantes72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you! That was exactly what I'm trying to say. I think the test to stay cool, should have some HD 7970 and HD7950 in CF.

Lionheart says thanks.